Archinect
anchor

For Sale Architecture books

w. architect

Hello fellow Archinects, I am thinning my collection of some signed/unsigned architecture books as I am soon to be a retired architect. The Rem Koolhaus $200, Neutra $200, Rediscovered $350.+ shipping CONUS. Let me know if your interested, or you think the sale price is not fair. I have others, Rapson signed, original drawing, Thom Mayne,signed,Libskind signed, Moss signed, etc. 

Apr 24, 21 11:43 am
w. architect

No one collects or reads Architecture books, or perhaps I have the wrong ones!

Apr 25, 21 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

You waited all of a day and on the weekend, when Archinect is dead. Chill.

Apr 25, 21 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

"C'mon man."

Apr 29, 21 10:46 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I have a signed copy of Frampton's Modern Architecture.  Maybe I should dig that out of the basement storage bin.

Apr 29, 21 10:54 am  · 
1  · 
Jaetten

I've got a copy of the Lord of the Rings signed by Sir Ian McKellen ;)

Apr 29, 21 10:57 am  · 
3  · 
JLC-1

I get most of my arch books from thrift shops, you know, no more than 5 bucks. And I have found some really nice ones. 

Apr 29, 21 10:58 am  · 
1  · 

I've sent my fair share of architecture books to a thrift shop. I had to clean out my collection when we had our child and the office got converted into the nursery. I took my books to a bookstore to see what I could get from them and they quoted me some ok prices on most, but pennies on others. I sold them the ones with good pricing and donated the rest to the thrift store. Figured I'd let someone have a $5 find at the thrift store if I wasn't going to make anything on selling it anyway. Most of them I picked up at the university library book sale for less than a dollar when they'd get boxes of them donated from some architect's estate when they passed away.

Apr 30, 21 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

I've found some good stuff, first issue of very well known magazines, catalogs of biennales, monographs, etc. that were relevant when I was in school and couldn't buy, only check at the library.

May 1, 21 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

Thrift shops are not exactly the places to shop with Covid-19 & homeless issues.

Apr 30, 21 11:51 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I don't think you know as much as you think you do about covid-19, thrift shops, or the homeless.

Apr 30, 21 12:23 pm  · 
5  · 
JLC-1

sure w.

May 1, 21 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
robhaw

You should find your local architecture's school Facebook group and sell to the highest bidder. 

Apr 30, 21 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Why would you thin your collection, you will finally have all the time in the world to read all those wonderful architecture books when you retire!

May 1, 21 3:03 pm  · 
2  · 
evamcleigh

Do you have an email address? I would like to discuss further.

May 4, 21 3:47 pm  · 
 · 

try the contact link next to their name

May 4, 21 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

hi, vwynne1@yahoo.com

May 4, 21 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

Your spam folder thanks you

May 4, 21 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

it's a @yahoo so it's not likely they will notice the extra spam.

May 4, 21 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

ok

May 4, 21 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: