Archinect
anchor

ARB Part 2 Prescribed Examination Eligibility

orkunbeydagi

Hello,

I am an overseas registered architect (architectural designer in the UK), looking into getting registered in the UK by completing Part 1 and 2 prescribed exams and applying for Part 3 courses. I am holding B.Arch and Ms.Arch degrees, 4 + 1.5 years. 

When I email ARB to get information, they say I have to study Part 2 masters to be eligible to sit on the prescribed examination. Anyone having this kind of an issue their past education? 

I have more than 10 years of experience, including teaching in undergrad and grad schools, and don't want to start studying in the university again. 

Jan 24, 21 2:54 pm
sherinezaiady

Are you sure your bachelor is only 4 years?or you excluded the foundation year from your count ?because if you have studied 5 years before having any qualifications earned(which is the bachelor)you are eligible to sit for part 2 as is is written in the arb hand book

Jan 29, 21 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
orkunbeydagi

yes it is 4 years, which is the standard in Turkey. Than I have a 3 semester masters in USA. The content of my undergrad I believe is already eligible, since it gives skills to become architect in Turkey, with a lot more workload than a 3 year part 1 education. 

They have to count total years of study for Part 2 and check the content like other countries.  

Jan 29, 21 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
Bachir Nebia

Hi,

I have taken the prescribed examination Part II and unfortunately I haven't past all the criteria. However, I am are eligible for ‘Referral to Lead Examiner’. I need to write three essays about different subjects.

Anyone has done it before ?

Best,

Bachir

bachir.nebia@gmail.com

Apr 15, 21 10:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: