Archinect
anchor

Drafting tables

x-jla

I’m in the market for a drafting table...I want a good quality table, apx 3x5, reasonable price.  Any recommendations?  

Oct 19, 20 11:37 am
archanonymous

why don't you have your favorite millwork or stone sub make one for you? All you need then is the paraliner to mount and a stand. 

Oct 19, 20 11:44 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Look for a used Neolt Leonar or Arnal on Craigslist or Ebay.

Oct 19, 20 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

If you're near Southern California, Hopper's.

Oct 19, 20 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

What is this place? Never heard of it, but would like to know more. Googling takes me to Edward Hopper, which is fun, but...

· 
atelier nobody

Hopper's Used Office and Drafting Furniture, locations in Los Angeles and Rancho Cucamonga.

http://www.draftingfurniture.com/

1  · 
citizen

Thank you! This is my favorite kind of place... I thought they were all gone by now, at least in my neck o' the woods.

· 
atelier nobody

I don't think the LA location has all the goodies, but the Rancho store still has various NOS stuff like jewel tip tech pens (or at least they still did last time I was there - it's been a while). If you happen to still use a pen plotter, they're the only game in town for replacement points.

· 
apscoradiales

Wood doors at Home Depot!

Oct 19, 20 3:58 pm  · 
2  · 
mightyaa

If you are in the Denver area, I have one I haven't listed yet (there are two, and I'm keeping one).  It's a solid hardwood 1960's type with flat drawer and side drawers.  Bigger than 3x5 though.  Don't know, but remember using E-size without a issue.  Also adjustable tilt and parallel bar is mounted/undamaged.  These came from my Dad's old firm and the last couple from what used to be a few dozen of them in the drafting pool.  Basically, they were too cool to get rid of when we transitioned to CAD in the '80's, so they've been in the basement of the office.  Now that I'm selling the building, its time to clear out stuff.  It's a big boy... no idea how or who might ship something that large and heavy. 

Oct 19, 20 6:34 pm  · 
3  · 
x-jla

Sounds perfect, damn wish I was in Colorado.

· 
Non Sequitur

local piano movers + cube van and a shit-tonne of tie-down straps. Come on, do it. You asked and got the perfect response. Probably a first in the forum.

1  · 
mightyaa

Furniture movers.... Never used one, but have received large deliveries (vanity cabinets, tub, etc.)

· 

I listed mine on craigslist and sold it to a sole-prop structural engineer about 4 years ago. It was one we got from someone who purchased it at a school district surplus sale years ago. Not sure if any local to you colleges or universities might have some still around at this point, but it might be worth making a few phone calls.

Oct 19, 20 9:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: