Archinect
anchor

Gen Z will save the world!

x-jla

Prediction for the 2020’s-2030’s

Millennials are becoming dated and dry old hags!  Generation z will save us all as they rebel from their pearl clutching, puritanical, boring, unfunny, pc police parents that have dominated every angle of pop-culture.  The architecture that follows will be a fantastic!  We are entering the greatest architecture revolution since modernism.  

Jan 5, 19 2:26 pm
Non Sequitur

but I’ll be dead by then, so who cares?

Jan 5, 19 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

And then they will become annoying and their kids will save it again.....music will keep sucking in the foreseeable future. 

Jan 5, 19 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

if architects don’t really get a substantial commission till they are 30+ I think your timing is way off... right about 2020 is when gen x is going to hit their stride...and to your point I agree but it’s gonna be latchkey kid architecture. 

Jan 5, 19 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

This. I'm on the older end of Millennials and just barely getting a chance to flex my design muscle. The e nergy hogging, cookie cutter, garbage of this decade is the swan song of baby boomers. Good Riddance!

Jan 7, 19 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Dunno.  The USA will be pretty much built-out by then.  Population and economic growth will be minimal.  Design work will be mostly renovations and alterations.

Africa may need a significant amount of new buildings, but Chinese architects will be doing that work.

Jan 7, 19 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

"Gen Z will save the world!"

They'll simply have to because all before them sold out...

Jan 7, 19 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

"sold out"

Jan 7, 19 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

If I was a sell out, I'd have something to show for it, instead I only have a bald head and bad eyes. Meanwhile, David Rockefeller had 7 heart transplants before finally dying at 101 years of age.

Jan 7, 19 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

RB, to paraphrase Kanye, that kind of mental slavery sounds a lot like a choice. Don't want to give up your ice cube maker or your $15 coffees? Really need to drive the biggest guzzler borrowed money can buy? It's funny how many architects swear by the less is more mantra when critiquing design but they are unable to apply it to their life. Therefore they've sold out, they've replaced ideals and important things in life with stuff and appearances and are totally irrelevant professionally.

Jan 8, 19 3:12 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Thanks for the points!

Jan 8, 19 3:48 am  · 
 · 
mightyaa

Damn I’m getting to old and they keep shifting these generation names… How it was: Boomers came out of the birthrate increase after WWII, so 40’s and 50’s births.  Gen X was 60’s, 70’s.  Gen Z was 80’s, 90’s.  Then the Y2K clusterfuck, trending terms, social internet, etc. and Millennials were 00’s to ___. 

For whatever reason the term “Gen Z” never caught on well, so they split them to Gen X or Millennial and are now rebooting the Gen Z name again to confuse us old farts and piss off the 90’s kiddos who don’t want to be stuck with a Millennial label but too young to remember, much less sport a kick ass mullet, cutoff shorts, and collars up douchebaggery (thus meaning they’ll never be accepted by Gen X).  The other fun was if you were born before ’65, you’re a Boomer now too and really, really old (my sister for instance got that short end of the stick which I find funny since our parents are squarely WWII boomers with fathers who fought in that war).

So no, Gen Z won't save us... they're already stuck in middle-management.

Jan 7, 19 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Gen Z are the people born after the millenials.

Jan 8, 19 2:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: