Archinect
anchor

Design and Environmental Psychology

TheBub

Hi all, 

New to the forum here and I'm looking for any possible help/input from people in the field.  I'm a recent university grad holding a bachelors in Psychology with a Biology minor, and one of my profs recently introduced me to the field of environmental psychology (design with psychological aspects in mind) and I've fallen in love with it.  

The types of programs I'm currently reviewing are: Architectural Technologist (college advanced diploma), a Bachelors in Architecture, or a Masters in Architecture (as I already have a bachelors degree).  I'm curious of the 'best' route for a position where I would be able to work with designers/architects, but at a level where I'm knowledgeable enough that I can understand what's going on procedurally from a design perspective and be a better aid/part of the actual design process, rather than something preparing me to be the full on lead of a project.  I'm also considering an eventual Masters in Environmental Psychology, but those programs still lack core architecture components I feel would be valuable to possess.     

I apologize for the long post and if it's too much a 'golden brick road' approach but I wanted to provide what I've gathered so far, thanks for any and all input!

Oct 26, 18 4:57 pm

I like your ideas as this topic interests me extensively....I hope you find fulfillment in your coursework.

Oct 26, 18 11:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: