Archinect
anchor

Cool design new building would like some input

UpstateNYBuilder

Hello, 

Im brand new to this forum and thought I would reach out to anyone who wants to listen.  Im working on my own building that I am spec building in Upstate NY.  The building use is a restaurant, and I want to do something cool with the patio.  I have had talks with my architect and just wanted to get some other ideas flowing.  It is currently planned to have just a patio with fence around it.  I built the patio with a full foundation in the event I add some sort of canopy.  I was thinking of using steel cage style to shade from the sunlight. Looking forward to hearing thoughts and ideas.   

Apr 28, 18 5:15 pm
proto

what's wrong with your architect?

Apr 28, 18 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
UpstateNYBuilder

Nothing he is wonderful. Just thought maybe someone would have some ideas or experiences they have had with outdoor space. Figured I’d reach out to a forum to see.

Apr 28, 18 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
“””1991”

I’ll pm you my consultation fee

Apr 28, 18 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

What does your architect think about it?

Apr 29, 18 12:31 am  · 
 · 
UpstateNYBuilder

Guys no big deal. Came on the forum because I thought it would be a way to get creative in different concepts used by people who enjoy forums for discussion. I belong to a car forum and people ask for help. I use my own experiences to let them know my opinion of what could be wrong / what to look for. I wasn’t asking for a full set of drawings specific for my building.  I was looking more for someone to say I have seen this done and send over a picture/ idea of something similar. Or even just a an idea of using materials in a non conventional way something unique. 

Apr 29, 18 6:14 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Design is not a hobby for most of us and unlike your car club, we make a living by answering questions like yours. So don’t expect much if you’re not willing to pay.
Apr 29, 18 6:42 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

I would put a fence around the patio to protect your customers from the car traffic and also put a hedge around the patio that is tall enough to screen the customers when seated. In addition you could plant several flowering trees in the space between the patio and street. You really need a landscape architect. Absent that (if money is tight) a plant nursery might provide you with advice gratis if you buy the plants from them.

Apr 29, 18 7:59 am  · 
 · 
UpstateNYBuilder

ok thank guy guys. 

Apr 29, 18 9:20 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I'd simply put the hedges on the edge of the deck and not just one or two in front of the wall as in the render, just all around the perimeter, makes for cosier seating area and blocks the view, sounds and smells a little of all those nasty cars.

Apr 29, 18 10:10 am  · 
 · 

Commission an artist to make something fantastic for that space, something both functional and fun. It will be a landmark and radically increase traffic and revenue.

What's your budget?

Apr 29, 18 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier
We know you have good intentions coming here, but posting asking for input behind your architect’s back is kind of bad. I know if a client of mine did that, I’d be pretty upset. It’s one thing to ask your friends for ideas, it’s another to ask a forum of Architects.

Your architect has done well on the building. Trust them with the patio.
Apr 29, 18 11:43 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Try Pinterest?

Aug 8, 18 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Aug 8, 18 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
nathanparker

Design seems perfect but i was wondering if i can use any GRP composite products like listed on fibexcomposites.com for the same construction.

Oct 26, 18 6:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: