Archinect
anchor

whats with arches everywhere

your conscience

does every project need to have arches now? people eating too much mcdonalds?

Apr 16, 17 12:03 am
Well aren't you an archenemy?
Apr 16, 17 10:00 am  · 
5  · 
x-jla

Best comment of the year lol

Feb 13, 21 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
stone

Nah, it's just that damn "back to nature" thing ...

Apr 17, 17 2:45 pm  · 
your conscience

why are people not up in arms over this horrible trend? It continues in the most gratuitous fashion...check out 180 east 88th

Feb 12, 21 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I'll definitely concede that many are ill-equipped to handle this challenging architectural feature.

Image result for 180 east 88th

Feb 13, 21 9:55 pm  · 
 · 

What is wrong with arches? They are both nice to look at and often are functional. They appear in almost every design style, even the ones that the Ivy league schools approve of.

What is your favorite building with arches?

Mine is the Square Colosseum in EUR Rome, I know who built it but it is still a good building.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Feb 13, 21 10:08 am  · 
2  · 
x-jla

I agree, and The Death Star is a damn good ship too. I really wish more people could compartmentalize as easy as I can.

Feb 13, 21 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Image result for marin county civic center

Image result for marin county civic center

I love the Marin Civic Center because it takes that wonderful elevational element and plays with it multiple ways.  The obvious thinness of the planes (used expertly as shading devices) makes it instantly clear these are not structural, negating the 'honesty' argument.  Masterful.

Feb 13, 21 2:06 pm  · 
4  · 
x-jla

Such a cool building

Feb 13, 21 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Westbeat by Studioninedots in Amsterdam...you know a trend is truly dead when this firm does a project around it. Still a nice project though. https://studioninedots.nl/project/west-beat/

Feb 13, 21 2:55 pm  · 
3  · 
your conscience

it's ok if it makes sense. i.e. for a load bearing strucutre

Feb 13, 21 7:38 pm  · 
 · 

ARCHES ON ARCHES ON ARCHES

Feb 13, 21 9:09 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

I have a substantial collection of lego but I've not really bought into the last year's worth of releases (Batwing UCS being the exception... and the throwback pirate shipwreck island). I do like the direction they are going in with targeting those who grew-up in 80s & early 90s and who now have stable careers and disposable income to relive their childhood hobbies. Good stuff. 

With that said, I did chase down a period appropriate late 80s pirate flag for one of my vintage sets a few months ago. $25 for that piece alone. Enjoy the build.

Feb 13, 21 9:38 pm  · 
 · 

If I ever have kids, I'm gonna build all of these again. Kid better like Lego or I'm gonna question things.

Feb 13, 21 10:38 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: