Archinect
anchor

spinning musicc

sanofiSYN

From a lot of the posts here regarding musical interests, it seems as though we archinecters as a collective appear to have pretty electic tastes. I'd like to include myself in the group, and as such would be interested to know if there are many of you who dabble in dj - ing, or enjoy mixing music on the turntables. Reason being - I've always wanted to get into this and have been considering getting a pair of Technics. I've been told that he MKII direct drive ones are very good. Wondering what others thought in preparation for dropping some serious cash into this hobby.

Feb 15, 05 1:48 am
J3

I used to...but it's an expensive hobby. I never got the Technics but my Stanton Direct drives and vestax mixer did just fine. What can get expensive is the records. I was at one point dropping $400 a month on records. Once you get to know your local record shop owners, etc. you will have access to TP's and white labels...etc. But the biggest closer for me was the nice little note I got from my building manager, warning me of excessive noise. Maybe someday I will be able to get back into it. Good luck, and prepare your pocket-book.

Feb 15, 05 6:43 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

i did a lot of mixing when i was a DJ at the college radio station and had access to a whole bunch of equipment.

then i got into mixing tracks on my laptop.

i don't have any real equipment though, mostly because i dont have any kind of money to spend on it.

Feb 15, 05 9:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: