Archinect
anchor

Save Tonic in NYC

Mason White

SAVE Tonic
This is one of the more adventurous musical outlets in New York, with a genre-bending mix of jazz, rock and experimental electronica music / performance ... they are going under. Help save them.

Please help by going to their benefit concerts, or donating money, or meeting lots of friends there and getting pissed. It is located at 107 Norfolk Street in the lower eastside (F train to delancey).

The downstairs bar has tables in barrels. nuff said.

Feb 6, 05 1:44 pm
Suture

It was cool 5 years ago. now its just another place. maybe its time has come?

Feb 6, 05 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
lola

is that how it works? its "cool" then time's up?

Feb 6, 05 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
archetecton

that turn over is part of the magic of this city. the nightlife and surviving institutions represent the dearest interests of the citizens at any given moment. The city recycles itself continually.

Feb 6, 05 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

lola,

obviously you have never lived here in NYC else you would see the turnover before your eyes. Archetecton is right.

i want the new version of TONIC.

Feb 6, 05 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
lola

i have seen the turnover and evolution of many cities, including nyc.
for tonic, maybe the new version can emerge from the ashes of the old. i admit to having a fondness for it as more than just another place.

Feb 6, 05 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

tonic needs an anodyne

Feb 6, 05 5:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: