Archinect
anchor

mdler and ...tumbleweed...

b3tadine[sutures]

tumbles is a guy, only guys write the way tumbles writes...

May 4, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
some person

hate me if you will...

but I have taken significantly less interest in this site lately, largely due to the subject at hand. I haven't emailed management, but I'm glad others have...

May 4, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

mdler, i waded through this to find a little tc love. where did you ever find an image of the dairy lodge? that was enough to convince me that you should stay. challenge to lb to find a hosted image of the flapjack shack. (they just don't come up with names like that anymore.)

May 4, 07 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

DCA, i second that.

these forums have turned into a damn chat log between those two and something needs to be done if we want this site to stay a great connection for architects.

May 4, 07 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i guess just google "dairy lodge." still nice work.

May 4, 07 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

funny, i thought this was an architect dating site...

May 5, 07 1:52 am  · 
 · 

big brother? When does the polls close?

May 5, 07 3:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

the people who have the most comments should be given super voting priviledges ie their votes should count as more than one vote. sort of like the family that owns the wall street journal. they have superstock which gives them more power. super votes that is the answer.

May 5, 07 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac
POWER TO THE

(very few) PEOPLE

May 5, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

thazz the idea!

May 5, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles and I should have diplomatic immunity

May 5, 07 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

jeez man, how tough is this forum? The "ban them both" option is at 40% now. I'm gonna lose pretty much all the members of the Black Turtlenecks on this one.

May 5, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

we are the ambassadors of online love...

May 5, 07 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"diplomatic" ?

May 5, 07 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac
SAVE THE MDLER AND TUMBLEWEED

The Black Turtlenecks
May 5, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

I vote we give Per his name back.

May 5, 07 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Dont you just love the Architecture world and the people that reside in it........

May 5, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

People Complaining about medler and Tumbleweed...about their off topic commenting and Romance while other people are posting about stuff that doesnt matter, like sitings, Movies, and TV shows, their favorite Potato Chip.......

Fu?K it BANN EVERONE...!!!!!!

May 5, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

tumble and mdler are the anne boleyn and mark smeaton of archinect.

May 5, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I wouldn't advise a ban, it just make more fierce followers ,see what happened last time.

May 5, 07 5:11 pm  · 
 · 

true the per correll loyalists came out in their drones

May 5, 07 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

ban them both @ 87 votes....ouch.

I suspect we better start saying our good byes or hope for a big green head intervention

May 5, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

There's a sad sort of clanging
From the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too,
And up in the nurs'ry an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say "coocoo".

Regretfully they tell us,
But firmly they compel us
To say goodby to you.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night,
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu,
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

So long, farewell, Au'voir, auf wiedersehen,
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye,
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye,
Good bye

I'm glad to go,
I cannot tell a lie.
I flit, I float,
I fleetly flee, I fly.

The sun has gone to bed and so must I
So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye,
Goodbye x3

May 5, 07 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Dam....The voting is looking really serious now........

Donald trump is on his way to the Board room......

Mdler

May 5, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

YOUR FIRED....

May 5, 07 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Just messing......

There is still hope for you guys...

Goodluck...to both of you......

May 5, 07 5:43 pm  · 
 · 

i can't believe that people are actually voting to ban them... sure the whole flirtation thing was annoying, but all you have to do is scroll through to the real entries... for the most part i think that both mdler and tumbles have contributed positive things to the discussion forums... i would be sad to see them go... plus, i want to see mdler's kick ass board formed concrete house finish on the site pix thread... and i'm pretty sure we all want to see tumbles tattoo if she ever goes through with it...

ask them to stop... i think that they've gotten the message...

give them another chance before banning them...

May 5, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Who is voting to ban them?!? Are they people who are able to vote multiple times, like rationalist did? Because I still can't vote more than once.

I want them to stick around, in spite of the fact that the mdler likes to mess with me.....mdler gave us the Garwondler, that has to count for something.....

I think it would be a real shame if they were banned. There's 87 really mean spirited people lurking around on this site that feel compelled to vote but I haven't seen one post actually defending this position. Strap on a pair and speak up, if you really dislike them that much!

May 5, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

as long as someone tells us what grad school to send our kids to before we go...

May 5, 07 6:13 pm  · 
 · 

i suppose if you add the second chance votes to the leave them alone votes they should be OK...

May 5, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I will be SO PISSED if they get booted. And i was getting closer to the millenium mark. Now i'm gonna have to go post on that boring designcommunity.com forum again

May 5, 07 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

The way I see it, there are 126 people who want them to stay for now (80 of which would consider a ban in the future if they don't cool it), 91 that want mdler gone, 90 that want ...tumbleweed... gone, and 11 who've had other suggestions.

I hope that's the way archinect sees it, too.

Is there really nobody else who's been able to vote repeatedly?

May 5, 07 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

That picture makes me so sad! Feel like....I'm losing part....of myself....

May 5, 07 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

SAVE BUELLER!!!!!

May 5, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

it ll suck if they get booted, cuz then i will have to write a sequel to archinect pie.

May 5, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Chase Dammtor

i hope you guys aren't actually considering booting mdler. I met him in person one time and he's actually a very good person. He may have some quirky online habits, but hey it make archinect all that much more sassy and interesting. I can give you his cell phone number if you'd like to call and hash it out with him.

-Chase

May 5, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i voted for Nader

May 5, 07 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Yea..If I get booted, I wont be able to invite anyone to the parties at my house anymore

May 5, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

WonderK is right. This is a discussion forum, people who have anonymously voted to ban two of its members should come back and discuss why they voted that way.

If that involves, as DubK suggested, the need to "strap on a pair", then do so (I love that phrase but haven't been brave enough to use it myself except in quotes like this)!!!

May 5, 07 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mmm...lb...that sounds hot

May 5, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Can I change my vote?

May 5, 07 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i managed to vote twice, you just need to turn the computer off and wait a good long while, like a day

May 5, 07 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha, yes, can i change mine too!

ok, i'll admit it. i voted to ban them both.

however! at the moment i voted (i think it was like 1:30 in the am, or something, and i'd just gotten back from being out) and so i was a little faded and kind of annoyed that their antics merited this thread to be started. (i'm totally pulling a mel gibson, i know. i am horrible!)

in retrospect, however, i want to change my vote to giving them a warning.

they really do add some good stuff to this forum, and if they stop their juvenile posts (which it looks like they will) i think we can all get along just fine.

paul!?

May 5, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

oh, and i only voted once!!!

May 5, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

when does the voting end, btw?

May 5, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 

I say let 'em live.

Here's to mdler and tumbles.

May 5, 07 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i may have saved ya withmy supervote. you owe me a burrito!

May 5, 07 10:48 pm  · 
 · 

I voted to just ban mdler, because tumbles still posted relevant commentary sometimes, while mdler had degenerated into all-tumbles-all-the-time. Plus I knew that one wouldn't get many votes anyways so it might make him think without actually getting him banned.

Then I voted 'other', and suggested that threads they had corrupted be locked one by one until they got the hint.

Then I voted to give them one more chance.

Then ban them both because I felt bad about my first vote.

Then 'other' and suggested that they be given a temporary suspension.

Then I logged in three votes for 'give them another chance' because I felt bad for my previous votes.

I've managed to vote 8 times so far.

May 5, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I don't know why, but that cartoon cracks me up.

May 5, 07 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Per WonderK's request, here are my reasons for voting to ban them:

1. As mentioned above, I have taken significantly less interest in this site lately, largely due to the subject at hand.

2. Some threads have degenerated to chat rooms. It is standard chat room practice for moderators to warn, then ban users who flood the room intentionally. I've read some of the comments from the "heavy hitters" of Archinect in Thread Central that have alluded to the annoyance that the two users in question have posed. I would consider their comments to be warnings already.

3. It is a disgrace to the profession for members of our community to burn billable time on pointless and frivilous discussions. Apurimac's term of "architect dating site" is valid. How would mdler's or tumbleweed's bosses react if they found out that their employees were engaging in a dating site on billable time.

4. The questionable nature of mdler's and tumbleweed's discussions has no place in this environment. Again, how would their bosses react if their employees had suggestive conversations in the office? That has harassment written all over it.

May 5, 07 11:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: