Archinect
anchor

another unpaid internship...

elinor

another unpaid internship listed on the job board! this one's really shady, as it's for a graphic design intern working for two separate entities with two separate names. one is a non-profit, the other is NOT (though the name is suspiciously similar...)

now that's smart--hire your unpaid interns LEGALLY through your non-profit, then use them to also work on your profitable work, undoubtedly in the same office.

note that the email address only specifies the profit-driven venture..............

Mar 30, 11 11:53 pm
if_arch

hmm, yes questionable. i can only speak to terreform 1 from direct experience: it's an amazing research-based, nonprofit design think tank of sorts. they carry out their projects largely through grant funding and educational programs relating to sustainability/ecological issues (urban farming, speculative work on landfills and transport, etc.). as far as planetary 1, i'm not sure what this is, but i know the building terreform works out of hosts many coops in creative fields. that being said, the job description does state "This is a not-paid internship focused on carrier [sic] development." presumably they meant "career"?? either way they should clarify.

Mar 31, 11 5:11 am  · 
 · 
med.

Remember - NEVER work for free.

When I was put on furlough - I was asked by a couple of the other offices to help them out with some of their deadlines even though I was on "furlough" so in other words they were asking me to work for free on their projects.

Needless to say I am now gainfully employed by a more deserving organization.

Mar 31, 11 11:28 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Interesting... someone at our school just came back from a co-op at Terraform 1, and they had nothing but praise for the group. The person didn't get paid too much, but there WAS pay and they seemed to love every second of it.

Mar 31, 11 7:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: