Archinect
anchor

kth or manchester uni

archict

hi guys,

im doing master of architecture at the moment and thinking of going on an exchange program.

would you guys rather go to KTH (sweden) or manchester uni?

i looked on both websites and manchester uni actually attracts me more. it looks like another columbia school of archi.

not sure about kth, but i heard scandinavian architecture is great. manchester once was industrial city as well, so many pros and cons.

What do you guys think?

thanks in advance

Feb 23, 11 11:22 pm
archict

just want to let you know also that there are not much options. ive narrowed down all of them to these 2..

Feb 23, 11 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
usernametaken

Swedish architecture is good, solid, but not sparkling/refreshing. It's a very social-democratic kind of architecture, in general. Just think of it: how many cutting edge swedish architects do you know? Danish, Norwegian or even Finnish, but in Sweden it's down to White, Tham & Videgard etcetera...

That being said: I'd go for KTH. In the summer semester, not in the winter. I get the feeling that it's a decent environment: not the most "vibrant" and "cutting edge", but a more down to earth approach than Manchester seems to have...

Feb 24, 11 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
metal

you HAVE to go to Manchester,

England will blow yo mind son!

school is the time to explore

Feb 24, 11 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields
Feb 24, 11 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
usernametaken

glitter centaur just posted another reason to go for KTH. I'd rather be surrounded by nerds that go anywhere even remotely related to Christiano Ronaldo...

on a more serious note ;)

Feb 25, 11 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Damn, glitter beat me to the football reference, anyway...

Only tools play for Man united

Feb 25, 11 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
IamGray

I don't profess to be a footy fan, but doesn't Ronaldo play in Madrid these days?

Feb 26, 11 7:51 am  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

touche.

These were things that popped up when I googled searched both schools.

Feb 26, 11 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

ignorance is bliss

Mar 1, 11 5:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: