Archinect
anchor

GSD - Starting Salary and Debt

creativity expert

You ivies,
take a cue from dot, at least he has a sense of humor.

Dec 10, 10 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
CMNDCTRL

expert - well.....first, i did not start the thread. second, i don't think you'd bash the school if it didn't give you some sense of satisfaction.

Dec 10, 10 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
IHATEMARXISTS

Any contemporary school accredited by NAAB isn't worth crap. In fact, a NAAB accreditation is a sure sign that the future of any such student attending there will be cynical, socially awkward if not comlpetely backwards and maladjusted, as well as socioeconomically downwardly mobile.

We all know the Ivies run NAAB, and essentially all of the rest of the faculty at the other schools are either all alumni or at the very minimum, fawn at the mere mention of an Ivy's name.

And what has NAAB done for the profession since its bureaucractic glory started a few decades ago?

Lets see...one example among a litany of sorry excuses for the profession's incompetencies:

Recently the University of Hartford was accredited. I was driving through recently and stopped by. Total, 100% CRAP school.

I also dropped by the Harvard GSD once last year to see what all the hubb bubb was about and lo and behold, what did I see, more of the same abstract, mindless contemporary drivel fueled by a passion and dedication to the banality of contemporary architecture.

It was scary at Harvard...a scene right out of the Matrix where individuals are piled one one top of eachother in sloping ascending fashion (that scene where the power source for the Matrix is revealed, i.e. human beings totally zombified in cubicles whose juices are being used as battery fluid for he machines).

The common denominator at all the NAAB schools (and pretty much any contemporary public school): unhappiness and misery. I hear hardly any meaningful laughing or, in fact, any viable life in these schools. Its perhaps 1 notch above the quality of life the average incarcerated criminal.

Here is where hope might begin:

1/2 the number of schools (through eliminating the Fed money pipeline to schools and the counterfiet student loan system),

abolish the NAAB bureaucracy,

each state will naturally go back to requiring professional licensure as a prerequisite to teaching in the respective schools

get the hell out of the way, and my oh my what a comeback the profession would make.

The same old, same old approach has obviously not worked. Why keep up the same old tired, failed, and failed again approach?

The insane are running the asylum.

Taking back the reigns is going to hurt a lot. From what I have researched, withdrawal is a bitch. It would be worth it in the long run, though. Bigtime. Sooner is better than later. It is never too late if there is a bonafide epiphany on the collective's part.

Dec 10, 10 2:42 pm  · 
 · 

Aw come on ihatemarxists, at least let us take responsibility for our abstract mindless contemporary drivel! Most of us (GSD students) aren't even in a NAAB accredited program.

Dec 11, 10 9:16 am  · 
 · 
not_here

reading ihatemarxist's posts makes me feel happy to only be a tiny bit crazy and not bat-shit gone.

Dec 11, 10 10:05 am  · 
 · 
Justin Ather Maud

Enough of this, already.

Dec 11, 10 10:18 am  · 
 · 
sandhilldesign

weAREtheSTONES As a current GSD student I can tell you that most students struggle with the financial burden from school. Most students shoulder this them selves and receive no help from their parents. Most students are here because they worked hard and a good portfolio only requires hard work... you cannot buy one.

Oct 25, 13 9:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: