Archinect
anchor

GSD / Sci-Arch / AA / Bartlett / M.Arch waiting waiting waiting.for decision?

regina11

@cedar: it is really good to be aware of such statistics. Thank you so much.

This year saw a lot of results being posted.

Mar 8, 14 1:07 am  · 
 · 
ACPT

Oooh I hate the word "regret"! Oh well, couldn't have afforded studying in the US anyway! (sour grapes ;'( boohooo). So a quick question to all those who applied to the M.Arch I at GSD and Cornell did you send your portfolios through slideroom or upload it in the application?

Also, Congratulations to those accepted :D!! And all the best to the rest!

And whenever you accepted ones find the time between all the celebrating and madness, do share with us your portfolios would love the inspiration! :)

Mar 8, 14 1:09 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

Hahahahaha. 

Maybe im just desperate and the site could sense it. But it gave me all the answers I wanted to hear.  :D 

Mar 8, 14 1:10 am  · 
 · 
regina11

After an year of work towards applications, this admission decision time is even more stressful.

Now should be thinking about backup plans.

Mar 8, 14 1:26 am  · 
 · 
berlinera

Those who are admitted to schools, why don't you post your results at the below thread? :-)

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/93595949/2014-m-arch-applicants-final-results-decisions-stats-etc

Mar 8, 14 1:35 am  · 
 · 
Kaiho

already decided to go to sciarc.

there is a group on Facebook for the incoming students to sciarc, which I created: https://www.facebook.com/groups/205560519653600/

I think it's time to find a roommate! yeah

Mar 8, 14 8:44 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@Kaiho

Did you already hear from sciarc?

Did you hear via email?

I did not get anything yet 

Guys did Columbia send out the emails?

Mar 8, 14 9:05 am  · 
 · 
remedios521

Denied to GSD, I wasn't crazy about it to begin with. I'm worried about UPENN now! Another week of waiting. Congrats to everyone who got in their dream schools whatever that is.

Mar 8, 14 9:35 am  · 
 · 
regina11

@hakunamatata: did the UMN mention about any financial aid? I am still waiting for my app status to change. This waiting is really killing me.

Mar 8, 14 10:26 am  · 
 · 
Kaiho

@Unamuno

via phone, from the chair. And I got the official offer after a week at the end of Feb. but it seems this is just the early acceptance, they'll send the result at early April. Good luck man!

Mar 8, 14 10:41 am  · 
 · 
iloveairs

accepted:  michigan and georgia tech

rejected:  gsd

Mar 8, 14 10:50 am  · 
 · 
remedios521

@regina, I didn't hear about financial aid yet. I emailed them asking about financial aid and they said they will let me know in two weeks!

Mar 8, 14 11:08 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@Kaiho

Congrats,

I did not get anything yet nor did I get a mail 

Columbia is still pending... 

Mar 8, 14 11:12 am  · 
 · 
regina11

@hakunamatata:  So is that usual that initially nothing is mentioned about financial aid and then we have to ask them about it.?

I am asking this because when I received admit from U of Kansas, nothing was mentioned about financial aid. And the expense for an year showed by them is huge for me.

I live in MN, that is why I am getting so anxious about UMN decision.

Mar 8, 14 11:25 am  · 
 · 
Calories

Do you all think the admissions office is closed today? :)

Mar 8, 14 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
remedios521

@regina, I believe for UMN they are going to let everyone know about financial aid by the end of March, at least that's what they told me.  I hope you hear soon. 

Mar 8, 14 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

@hakunamatata: Thank you. I hope so.

Mar 8, 14 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
WanderLust

Woke up this morning to an acceptance from Yale for the M.Arch. II program! Lovely letter, but no mention of funding/financial aid info. They mentioned something about an official letter being in the mail. Have a yes from Michigan and still waiting on UPenn and Columbia, but I guess I'll most likely be headed to New Haven this fall. Way to lift me out of my funk of dealing with a Cornell rejection last week..

Its still sinking in, but off to party now! Congrats to everybody who received acceptances and for those who are still waiting, keep the dream alive. It ain't over till its over, and I really do believe that you'll end up at the place where you're the best fit, whether you know it or not :) Luck and light!

Mar 8, 14 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

I know some schools have offered incentive money for accepted an students to attend their open houses. Has anyone heard about GSD or GSAPP doing that? ( no I haven't heard from GSAPP I'm just curious)

Mar 8, 14 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
remedios521

btw I'm curious to hear from seebear who started this thread lol 

Mar 8, 14 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
camhard

uh oh, waitlisted by Yale. please let them know soon if you don't plan on accepting!

come on gsapp!! looks like i'll probably have to tough it out for at least another week though. past years they seemed to update status on Fridays (8th and 15th last year)...

Mar 8, 14 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
samwise

@camhard

Waitlisted for MArch 1? If so, me too! I wonder how many they end up taking from the list normally...

Mar 9, 14 9:09 am  · 
 · 
archifrench

Hello, just received a very nice email from MIT DUSP, I got admitted in their MCP CDD program :)

Mar 9, 14 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
camhard

@samwise yep, M.Arch I.

I was wondering the same thing, and whether or not they send out more acceptances than spots available, in addition to the waitlist, or if they send out offers for the exact number of seats available, meaning that each person who turns down the offer, means someone else moves off the waitlist... not that knowing would accomplish anything. just a matter of waiting, I guess.

Mar 9, 14 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
darth_arch

MIT is leaving me in the dark here. A bunch of people have recieved both acceptance and rejection letters for the SmarchS (arch+urbanism) program and Ive not recieved anything. The nervousness and anxiety levels are killing me ! 

This despite me emailing them. Right now its 8.00am monday morning here in India. So Sunday night in Boston. Maybe they should consider opening an international applications office.

Anyways like both Cornell and the GSD, Im sure if they do send me anything it will be around 3-330 am (IST). 

Another night of waiting ahead....

Mar 9, 14 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Marina CM

@darth_arch i haven't received any notice from MIT SMarchS either :S so there are some rejections out!! That means there is a bit of hope! I guess we will hear today. I emailed Darren as well, I directly asked him if I was rejected but he did not answer.

Harvard GSD rejected me and I am not surprised, I wasn't a good fit for the program with my research interests, So it's ok.

If MIT does not accept me, most likely I will be attending ETSAM MPAA in the technology concentration. 

Mar 10, 14 5:31 am  · 
 · 
Runa

I haven't heard anything from the MIT office either! 

Mar 10, 14 5:41 am  · 
 · 
Marina CM

let's cross fingers Runa!

Mar 10, 14 6:04 am  · 
 · 
samwise

@camhard

I think they generally accept more than they expect to have enrol. The letter did sound very positive though (although I guess it has to). There doesn't seem to be that many of us, though here and gradcafe aren't the best sources. I'm planning on waiting for the rest of my apps to come through and then decided on a plan of attack, if any.

Mar 10, 14 6:30 am  · 
 · 
Runa

@Marina CM. I am! I hope we hear something! Even though I've slightly given up. :(

Mar 10, 14 7:12 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

@MarinaCM, GSD rejected me as well. I was really hoping I would make the cut. 

Today will definitely be the day, we should know in a couple of hours. Or else Darren better be by his phone. Because in or out, I would like to know. :D

@Runa, Im with MarinaCM on this. Im hoping for the best. Who knows we might all end up being in the same class this fall ;) 

Mar 10, 14 8:23 am  · 
 · 
Runa

@darth_arch The Internet would have another interesting story to it's name! Good luck guys! 

Mar 10, 14 10:46 am  · 
 · 
mkt680

anyone have updates or insights on GSAPP timing for M.Arch1?? 

Mar 10, 14 10:51 am  · 
 · 
Roshi

Supposedly this Friday for GSAPP, PennDesign on Friday as well, and still no idea for Sci-arc. Really hoping for the best on these last 3.

Mar 10, 14 10:54 am  · 
 · 
cedar

Another week, more waiting!

I've got my finger's crossed we'll hear something from Berkeley today. A couple of people mentioned earlier in the thread that they were finished reviewing applications and ready to send out decisions. Last year, their M.Arch decisions came out on the 2nd Monday in March.

I'm also hoping to hear something from Princeton this week and that us folks still in GSD limbo will be put out of our misery.

Mar 10, 14 11:02 am  · 
 · 
WanderLust

I just received an assistantship offer from UIC, offering full tuition waiver and a stipend. Wasn't expecting it, considering the original admit letter stated that they weren't able to offer any financial offer/assistance. 

Did anyone hear from UMich regarding merit scholarships/financial info? Nothing was mentioned on my letter, no updates on the online application either, wondering if they'll be releasing info later.

Ditto with Yale - I presume we'll get details in the official hard copy package. Anyone who got in there last year, could y'all shed some light on this? 

(I'm M.Arch. II BTW, except at UIC where I applied to the MS Arch program)

Mar 10, 14 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

@WanderLust  Congrats on UIC! To answer your Michigan question: I received a merit scholarship. The information was in the official admissions offer PDF I received a few days after the initial email. They said more financial info would follow in the coming weeks (FAFSA grants/loans, I imagine).

Mar 10, 14 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
thwoomp

Any ideas as to when the AA usually sends out calls for interviews?? In an email late feb they said the admissions might take awhile. I would have thought they would be quicker than NA schools though simply because the interviews are probably a lengthy process...

Mar 10, 14 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

Called Cornell and was told I got accepted to the 2-year MLA w/ AP. So relieved!! Now hoping for $$.

Have you guys heard from most of your schools by this point??

Mar 10, 14 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

I'm still waiting to hear from 5 out of 6.

Mar 10, 14 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Calories

@Cedar

Have you had feedback regarding your unchanged application status for GSD?

Mar 10, 14 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
shep

I'm still waiting on Princeton and Penn. I'm excited for all this to be over this week. 

Mar 10, 14 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Still waiting for GSAPP and UW.

@shep Ditto on this being over this week.

Mar 10, 14 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
archifrench

@RhinoTRAP Congratulations for Cornell !!! Did they tell you when they will send the results ? I didn't hear anything from them yet ..

Mar 10, 14 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

Congrats to everyone who are getting accepted!

I know they're not Ivy league schools but still waiting on UCLA, SC, University of Washington and Cal. Hoping for any at this point!

Mar 10, 14 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

@archifrench

I was getting pretty worried about Cornell because there were people with acceptances on gradcafe last week. So I called them this morning and was told they had just typed up my acceptance letter. The two year AP folks get their decision later than the 3-year people.

Should be getting the acceptance and aid packet in the mail in a few days.

Best of luck with your remaining schools!

Mar 10, 14 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
archifrench

@RhinoTRAP Thank you very much for the info ! I will wait then :)

Mar 10, 14 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

@Calories No developments. My app still says "submitted"

Mar 10, 14 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
COSArch

Hey! has anyone gotten accepted in the AA MArch? I am still waiting...

Mar 10, 14 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
designer_jawn

Did anyone apply to Virginia Tech Washington Alexandria campus? I haven't heard from yet and wondering if anyone else has!! Thanks!

Mar 10, 14 9:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: