Archinect
anchor

GSD / Sci-Arch / AA / Bartlett / M.Arch waiting waiting waiting.for decision?

mhtdby

@mrenz

+1 overhere

Mar 13, 14 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
Tabeguache

@mrenz there is definitely an element of randomness. Was anyone else a little put off by Berkeley's rejection letter? It was so curt and dismissive! 

Mar 13, 14 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

It's Berkeley lol I can see them focusing more on the academic / testing side than the portfolio. 

Mar 13, 14 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

@Architectnew

would you be willing to post your portfolio, i'm very curious to see what princeton is looking for. 

Mar 13, 14 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

@iematraveler: thank you and now I must call UMN. Do you know any other applicant(s) to UMN who has/have not yet received any updates?

Mar 13, 14 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

Good luck to everyone with their GSAPP and UPenn emails tomorrow.

Mar 14, 14 1:23 am  · 
 · 
remedios521

omggggggg UPENN tmwww

Mar 14, 14 2:02 am  · 
 · 
shte89

Just received an email from GSAPP to check my decision status!! GOT IIIIIIN!!! :):):):) 

Mar 14, 14 5:51 am  · 
 · 
dailyarch

I think Alejandro is calling more admitted people by Skype NOW.

Mar 14, 14 6:09 am  · 
 · 
back_forth

OMG I can't sleep thinking about upenn!

Mar 14, 14 6:29 am  · 
 · 
aliciapoz

Hi guys, been waiting to hear in Sydney - yes to Yale MArch II, Cornell MArch II with small amount of $, no to GSD :(, waiting Princeton, MIT SMarchS Arch Design, and Columbia,...hurry up!!!! I heard GSAPP may not be till early April?, I gotta relocate a long way. Any other internationals heard for post-prof Princeton, MIT, Columbia? They prob not gonna call me overseas...I graduated in 2007 so I feel out of the loop looking at all your insane portfolio 3d graphics, are there any others like me out there with jobs as registered architects and built work??

Mar 14, 14 7:07 am  · 
 · 
duchamp
gsapp dropped some decisions at 5am lol
Mar 14, 14 8:49 am  · 
 · 
insomniarch

In to GSAPP with 18k. 

Mar 14, 14 9:01 am  · 
 · 
Tabeguache

Holy shit in to GSAPP which is ?!?!? because I ran out of time and LITERALLY stapled my portfolio together on computer paper. But I think MIT>GSAPP for me... 

Mar 14, 14 9:16 am  · 
 · 
hershey11

@ innsomniarch...where is the $$$ mentioned? Did you fill any form previously?

Mar 14, 14 9:32 am  · 
 · 
back_forth

My friend got into gsapp with 15k

Mar 14, 14 9:52 am  · 
 · 
camhard

yay GSAPP!

Mar 14, 14 10:01 am  · 
 · 
insomniarch

@Hershey it was in the bottom half of the acceptance letter.

Mar 14, 14 10:16 am  · 
 · 
hershey11

@insomniarch..nothing mentioned for me...maybe cause I am an international student?

Mar 14, 14 10:29 am  · 
 · 
C. Watts

Yeah, GSAPP doesn't usually give aid to international :( 

1.5 hours until UPenn. 

Mar 14, 14 10:34 am  · 
 · 
Roshi

So I guess GSAPP just sent out all of their acceptances? Anyone get waitlisted or rejected?

Mar 14, 14 10:40 am  · 
 · 
AJ_Urbanist

Received an email from GSAPP re: my Planning application but nothing posted re: MArch. Hmmm - probably not a great sign.

I find it quite funny that my Urban Design intents have got me into every planning program I applied to, but few Architecture schools, yet I can't do a post-grad in Urban Design without the latter. =S

Still waiting on the always-last always-late terribly-administered U of Toronto admissions team. I still can't get over their $230 application cost.

Mar 14, 14 10:41 am  · 
 · 
back_forth

Upenn upenn upenn OMG so nervous! They just posted images on their facebook profile of final reviews and the work looked pretty cool.

Mar 14, 14 10:45 am  · 
 · 
archifrench

In at GSAPP MSAUD !

Mar 14, 14 11:14 am  · 
 · 
jrdtmr

Did GSAPP send out acceptances in waves last year?

If I haven't received an e-mail from GSAPP, does it mean that it's an automatic rejection?

Mar 14, 14 11:32 am  · 
 · 
Roshi

UPenn decisions out. I got in to the M.Arch 1 (3 year) with a $4,500 scholarship.

Mar 14, 14 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
Runa

Did not finally get into UPenn MLA :(. Am very sad. 

congratulations to everyone who got in though! 

Mar 14, 14 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
spqr

PennDesign dual MLA//MArch with AP and $$$!

Mar 14, 14 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

@Roshi

Got in to M.arch I with $4,500 as well!!!! Freaking out, that's my dream schools! Now how to pay for the rest lol

Mar 14, 14 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
acetaminophen

That was the longest week of my life. In at GSAPP. 

@insomniarch -- Where are you headed?!

Mar 14, 14 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
qweasdzxc

Hooray GSAPP.

Anyone know when we'll hear from Princeton?

Mar 14, 14 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

@Acetaminophen I think its going to be GSD. They offered more than GSAPP and money is tight. What about you?

Mar 14, 14 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

Waiting for MArch 2 from Columbia.

This week was the toughest one.

Mar 14, 14 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
zkile

Princeton comes by email or call, by march 15, good luck. Hopefully see some of you at open houses, wear your name tag with archinect handle? 

Mar 14, 14 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts
UPenn with 4500 as well. Probably won't go on with that price tag. Still fun to be accepted though!!
Mar 14, 14 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Architectnew

@lataco

skype. I think he's traveling so he will call at weird times of the day.  

Mar 14, 14 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

Received my (expected) Princeton rejection today. Congrats to those who were offered a spot.

Mar 14, 14 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

I also called to GSD today to inquire about my status and they said I will receive a decision by the end of next week. Is anyone else still waiting to hear something from Harvard? It can't be a good sign to have to wait this long.

PS - the GSD has the #1 ranked smooth and sultry on-hold music

Mar 14, 14 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
dishonest mailman

On a related note to all of this: has anyone found a really good source of info/basic statistics about different design programs.  I'm specifically looking for information about class size/program size/age/gender data for Penn, the GSD, and some others.  I figure this has to be out there somewhere, but I can't find it easily on any school websites.

Mar 14, 14 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

The best bet for stats on arch schools in the USA is the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecturehttps://www.acsa-arch.org/

Mar 14, 14 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
ReddishEgret

@dishonest mailman

I found NAAB's Visiting Team Reports (VTRs) to be an extremely valuable resource. http://naab.org/f/documents/home.aspx?path=Public+Documents

They have more information on the programs than you could ever possibly want, but you have to dig around a little bit.

Mar 14, 14 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
dishonest mailman

Thanks, these are both great resources!  

Mar 14, 14 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

I'm now officially on the GSD waiting list for M.Arch I. 

Mar 14, 14 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

Anything from  Columbia MArch so far? 

Mar 14, 14 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
WanderLust

So I haven't heard back from Columbia MSAAD so far...no change on my application status as well..so is that an implied rejection, or an unofficial waitlist of sorts? I assume I haven't made the cut as plenty of people seem to have already received their acceptances..

Mar 14, 14 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
snail

No news from GSAPP either. :(

Mar 15, 14 12:58 am  · 
 · 
zkile

any one need roommate who has decided on penn?

Mar 15, 14 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

Accepted at the University of Toronto for M.Arch! I wasn't expecting to hear back from them for another two or three weeks. Is anyone else considering Canadian schools?

Mar 15, 14 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
sam goods

@cedar

I applied to UofT as well. How did you hear from them?

Mar 15, 14 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

@sam goods

It was an email from the dean with basic initial info. It said the full package will arrive later by mail.

Mar 15, 14 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: