Archinect
anchor

GSD / Sci-Arch / AA / Bartlett / M.Arch waiting waiting waiting.for decision?

back_forth

PENN is my top choice for architecture, congrats!!!

Mar 6, 14 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

@ps2507 I think you should try, and there is no harm in advocating for yourself. I doubt you'll get out of anything in the main studio sequence, but having flexibility in 1 or 2 classes could make a difference in your experience.

Mar 6, 14 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
And MD

Anyone knows when is GSAPP supposed to post their results??? 

Mar 6, 14 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
archifrench

@RhinoTRAP I was also thinking it was my highest chance for rejection (I had such an awful GRE scores ...) ! 

Hope to see more good news here !

Mar 6, 14 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Runa

Does this mean that the rest of the UPenn MLA results are rejects? :( It was one of my top choices :(

Mar 6, 14 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
archifrench

@Runa I don't think it means rejection if you don't get the email today ! It's only "early admission" so I am sure that there will be more admissions on the March 14th :)

Mar 6, 14 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Runa

@archifrench. I hope that is true. All fingers crossed! 

To the rest of the thread, you guys have been keeping me sane through this whole thing! I'm glad we are all panicking together.

Good luck with the rest of the admissions! 

Mar 6, 14 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
ps2507

@acetaminophen : yea, i thought so too. 

@iematraveler : am definitely going to give it a shot.

Its a bit funny to have to take up foundation lvl courses again just coz the CIDA/NAAB doesn't recognise an Indian undergrad degree! ( I deliberately applied for the 3+ track just so that i can be eligible for the NCIDQ / ARE exam! )

And whats with MIT? looks like they sent out the rejections first? No one out there with an acceptance?

Well, good luck to all you guys- hope this day brings joy to some. 

Living half way across the world in Dubai - i keep checking my emails / gradcafe/archinect all through the day & night! ( thank god I'm blissfully unaware of any other portals that update results- else i would probably be haunting those too!!)

Mar 6, 14 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

@acetaminophen Bummer on MIT :-/ good luck on the rest of the rest of the east coast schools!

Mar 6, 14 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
acetaminophen

@insomniarch -- Thanks. Good luck to you too!! Trying to rationalize it as, "I wouldn't fit in there anyway"... But also slightly panicking about the rest of the schools!

Mar 6, 14 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
siesta

Sounds like people accepted to MIT were told in mid-February and today they are issuing the rejections. Which unfortunately includes me. Oh well, still have a lot more to hear from!

Mar 6, 14 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

Anyone knows about the SMarchS? It's a much smaller program and should've been a lot faster 

Mar 6, 14 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

You guys, this thread is awesome. We are taking over Archinect!!!!

Mar 6, 14 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

LIttle birdie told me tomorrow for GSD. Not sure if there is merit in it but hey im just passing it along...

Mar 6, 14 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
anonla

Just heard from Penn MLA as well! Admitted to the three year program (which was what I mistakenly applied for instead of AP...oops).

Don't even care! Just happy to hear something!!

Mar 6, 14 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
anonla

Also, @Runa - check your spam!! Mine was in my Gmail account spam.

Mar 6, 14 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts

I sent an email to UCLA last week and got a response:

"We are still finalizing all of our admission decisions.  We should have the remaining decisions made and students notified in the next week or two."

So I guess there is a little hope for M.Arch I applicants? Slim pickings though.... In concern to this and Sci-arc, I think they wait to hear back from students (who decline admission early) so they can accept more.  Early acceptances to Sci-arc have to make a decision by March 17th, a month earlier than everyone else. 

I wish Yale would send out, ugh. 

Mar 6, 14 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Runa

@kayelbee. No luck :(. Congratulations though! 

Mar 6, 14 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

First rejection today :( It's ok UVA; I have good choices.

Mar 6, 14 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
siesta

I knew I shouldn't have checked archinect. I was doing just fine before, not stressing out, just taking each day as it comes...now I'm checking my email every 10 minutes and scouring gradcafe.

Mar 6, 14 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
allenmd07

I believe most UVa decisions are out, check your online account.

I got accepted to the Path 3 program. I'm ecstatic, it was my first choice.

Mar 6, 14 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

I  wonder when USC will sent letters out...

Mar 6, 14 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

In at Berkeley w/ $$$!

This day is bananas!

Kinda feeling like if my top choice UVA rejects me tomorrow, it won't even be that bad...

Mar 6, 14 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
anonla

@RhinoTRAP - just heard from Berkeley too. Admitted to MLA 2D!

Did the financial offer come in your two letters? I did not hear anything about money :(

Mar 6, 14 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

@kayelbee

I'm 2D too!

Yea, fellowship offer was mentioned in the first of the 3 documents. But maybe other types of funding will be described after you get the next email from the Grad Division??

Congrats on getting in!

Mar 6, 14 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

Anyone in for Suprastudio around here ? If so have you heard about funding?

Mar 6, 14 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
allenmd07

I got a Virginia Tech acceptance letter today as well, 3.5 year track. No financial offers yet, do you typically receive funding with initial acceptance letter?

Mar 6, 14 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

@allenmd07

The financial offer timing varies greatly by school and program. Some do it simultaneously, some wait a week or two. I'd say it's a 50/50 split.

Mar 6, 14 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
ShakeyDeal
Just got my first rejection from Univ of WA for 3 year MLA. One down, one to go. I'm really nervous.
Mar 6, 14 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco

@C. Watts

Thanks for emailing UCLA! I guess there still is SOME home for those of us waiting for them to get back to us.

So far I've just heard back from UT Austin and ASU, UT was a no and ASU said yes, but it was my last choice school. These admission letters are getting in the way of everything, I'm supposed to be booking fight and hotel arrangements for summer vacation out of the country, but with ASU starting their program over the summer, and not having heard back from anywhere else it's really putting a halt on everything. /rant

Mar 6, 14 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
AJ_Urbanist

Glad to hear that Berkeley is releasing some admissions. Hope this means that their M.Arch choices are soon to follow. 

I'm leaving on a vacation to London tomorrow afternoon and I'm not going to have data / spotty internet access. I was really hoping to hear back from at least one more school before I left. I'm going to be ducking into everyplace with free wifi checking for emails for the next 10 days!

Mar 6, 14 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Congrats @Rhinotrap and @kayelbee GO BEARS

Mar 6, 14 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

SMarchS from MIT admitted! via email

Mar 6, 14 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

Congrats you guys. Funding or no funding, it is still valuable peace of mind.

Mar 6, 14 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

@juxian Congrats! Which academic area of SMarchS did you apply to?

Mar 6, 14 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

@ insomniarch

Thank you. It is Arch + Urbanism. 

I did not receive funding for it though.

(I like your username haha, it states a lot of truth)

Mar 6, 14 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
architect27_87

@juxian Congrats! I am also waiting to hear back from SMarchS, Building Technology though

Got an e-mail with acceptance to the MEBD program at Penn

Mar 6, 14 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
archifrench

@Rhinotrap @kayelbee Got the email for Berkeley ! MLA 2D too :)

Mar 6, 14 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
RhinoTRAP

@archifrench

Congrats!!!

Just got the rejection from UVA. Thought I'd be pretty bummed if that happened. But after this morning's Penn and Berkeley results, I don't even care. Such a weird feeling...

Mar 6, 14 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Tabeguache

Someone just posted their GSD acceptance to gradcafe. Thanks for the aneurism, dude. 

Mar 6, 14 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

gradcafe is such an interesting mechanism 

Mar 6, 14 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
shep

@Tabeguache

He labeled it as "Other". I'm not counting it. 

Mar 6, 14 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

The GSD post isn't for a Masters. I'm considering it an unrelated fluke.

Mar 6, 14 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

phd probably?

(and since when did gsd call people haha)

Mar 6, 14 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

There's nothing showing up for GSD besides a PHD student. Don't scare me like that!

Mar 6, 14 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
juxian

lol @Hp87 

That wasnt under GSD, it was for Harvard University, Architecture, Others

Mar 6, 14 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

@ juxian, wait - if that's Not GSD, then what kind of program is it?

Edit: Ah never mind. Just saw the updated replies.

Mar 6, 14 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

@juxian

Too many gradcafe search criteria to keep track of lol

Mar 6, 14 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

Just type in "Architecture" under grad cafe and it will give you every architecture-related submission, that way you can keep track of them all.

Mar 6, 14 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

God, that would be like asking for a brain tumor. Can't handle all that. My nervous state right now is extremely fragile. lol

Mar 6, 14 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: