Archinect
anchor

GSD / Sci-Arch / AA / Bartlett / M.Arch waiting waiting waiting.for decision?

back_forth

Got into USC with $28,540 scholarship!!!!

Mar 10, 14 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts

@Hp87 Congrats!  Money is always a good thing! I haven't gotten an email from them yet (Though they have had problems receiving my transcripts and emailed me saying that they were reviewing my application positively).  Do you know when their open house is?

Mar 10, 14 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Thanks! It's still doesn't cover all of it but it's still exciting. Weirdly enough they did not mention when their open house will take place. 

Mar 10, 14 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco
Congrats Hp87! So jealous!
Mar 10, 14 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
COSArch

Any AA Emtech applicant?  Has anyone gotten the acceptance letter yet?

Thanks.

Mar 11, 14 4:32 am  · 
 · 
Kaiho

got into UCL Bartlett MA Architectural History today. 

Mar 11, 14 11:02 am  · 
 · 
regina11

Anyone who has applied to UMN and still waiting for the decision?

Mar 11, 14 11:44 am  · 
 · 
Marina CM

Congratulations hp87!

Mar 11, 14 11:49 am  · 
 · 
regina11

Congratulations Hp87. That surely is a good amount.

Mar 11, 14 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
mkt680

anyone know if gsd offers merit based funding? i know that if they do this is separate from the financial aid application... so would this be included in the formal offer of admission that they still havent sent? Did anyone get a merit funding award in the first offer of admission? 

Mar 11, 14 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
Calories

@Cedar

Have you got any news?

Mar 11, 14 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
batman

HP87  -

congrats on your USC admission! i hope USC is your first choice, and even if it isn't, i'd consider it highly because thats a large scholarship. save money and graduate early!

I should have gone to USC (they gave me 18K) and it's only two years for an M.ARCH! sure, it's a not highly sought out schools,

but, fuck, its architecture...who knows whats good, am i right?

Mar 11, 14 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Thanks guys! It is a pretty large scholarship but the tuition is still 47k without living expenses :/ I'm also doing the three year program so it's a bit longer. I'm also waiting on upenn so we'll see. As far as prestige goes, frank gehry and Tom mayne graduated from there so it can't be bad and it was ranked in most of the design intelligence categorical rankings so I'm not sure why it's not such a sought after school. They said that they got a ton of applications this year, more than ever, so maybe people are catching on!

Mar 11, 14 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

Btw Good luck to the rest of us! 

Mar 11, 14 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

Emailed both Sci-arc and GSAPP today, they got back to me right away (impressed) and said most responses will be in the first week of April. Not sure if I trust that or not based on Gradcafe dates from previous years. Still a little scary.

Mar 11, 14 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts
Does sci-arc just not have an open house? They said first week of April in an email I got as well, but I would like to visit if I get accepted....
Mar 11, 14 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
24arches

@hp87

usc launched their new m.arch 1 this year (fall 2014). probably attracted more than the traditionally limited m.arch 2 which required an arch undergrad.

Mar 11, 14 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
shep

@C.Watts

Sci Arcs open house is April 14th at 2pm. The director of admissions emailed me about it yesterday.

Mar 11, 14 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
Beijinger

International student:

got in:

Yale MarchII: waiting for funding info.

GSD MarchII: 10.000usd aid.

waiting:

GSAPP.

Princeton: Interviewed by Zaera Feb27.

Pratt Institute.

Mar 11, 14 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
seebear

Dear Hakunamatata,
Well actually it was fooling around, you know. I am a dentist. I just choosed a nice name, planted a seed and make it a top-rated. And then fly away hahaha.

Dear COSArch,

I got offer from Emtech and Bartlett GAD since first week of Feb. And they received my portfolio before x-mas. So in general, I think their evaluation time is around 6 weeks. The earlier you apply, the earlier they accept/reject. I was nervious when it's around first week of Feb, so I started this topic.

Seebear forever man. Cheers.

Mar 12, 14 1:22 am  · 
 · 
shep

@mkt680 I'm wondering the same thing. I guess we'll see in a couple days when we get the formal letter..

Anyone else have any insight into this?

Mar 12, 14 1:34 am  · 
 · 
insomniarch

Gsapp might announce early april? Thats crazy for their MAarch 2 equivalent program. It starts up in June!!! 

Mar 12, 14 1:39 am  · 
 · 
Kaiho

I'm pretty sure you have to wait until the end of March or early April for SCI-Arc. The early acceptance will make their response to SCI-Arc before March 17th, after that, they'll send the final and official notice.

Mar 12, 14 3:14 am  · 
 · 
lataco

@Beijinger 

Let me guess, are u Qin Sizhi?

Mar 12, 14 6:45 am  · 
 · 
darth_arch

MIT SmarchS! What on earth is happening? 

@Runa @MarinaCM ! Any news on your end? Im beginning to think I deleted the mail by mistake. Why on earth are they taking so long. Guess Darren is on holiday or they simply forgot to email us. (Im assuming you didnt get anything either, else would have heard from you two)

Mar 12, 14 11:47 am  · 
 · 
Beijinger

@lataco

I'm actually spanish...hahaha! Is Qin a friend of yours? I think he works at MAD, right?

Mar 12, 14 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
Runa

@darth_arch, No news here :( 

Have all the UC Berkeley MLA letters gone out too? Silence from there as well! :( 

Mar 12, 14 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts

Still floating in M.arch 1 limbo over here.  UCLA sent out a round of rejection letters and I didn't get one.  Hopefully that is a good sign? Maybe I send them an edible arrangement and they let me in? 

Starting to lose it over here.... At least UPenn is on Friday.

Mar 12, 14 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
stgarcia14

University of Cincinnati has started to release decisions. Accepted to M.Arch II.

Mar 12, 14 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
Marina CM

@darth arch, I have no news. My online status has not changed, either... and I don't think they forgot to email us, MIT always notifies acceptances as well as rejections by email... this year has been strange from the begining, they began to send out acceptances as early as February only for the MArch. They usually send the acceptances for MArch and Smarch together as well as the rejections. I honestly think that the SMarchS acceptances and rejections of last week were "first batch". Those clearly "yes" or "no". Otherwise this makes no sense.

Mar 12, 14 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
Architectnew

Just got call from princeton, wake me up from my dreams. Feel it's my duty to share news with everyone.  They are calling with offers now !    Good luck to all!

Mar 12, 14 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
Marina CM

I got into CMU computational design program! With funding!! I only have MIT left now... and other schools in Europe.

Mar 12, 14 4:09 pm  · 
 · 

Just heard from CAL.... They passed, sigh. 

Looks like I'm going to USC!

Mar 12, 14 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
samwise

Wait listed AGAIN, this time at Berkeley. The world is not without a sense of humor.

Mar 12, 14 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
cedar

In at Berkeley for M.Arch 3!

No word on funding but I hope that will follow. I did the [IN]ARCH summer program at Berkeley last year and am very high on the school.

Mar 12, 14 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
regina11

Wait listed at Cincinnati. Anybody, who applied to UMN, still waiting for admission decision?

Mar 12, 14 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
back_forth

OMG I can't wait for Upenn on friday!

Mar 12, 14 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
Bwatson

So is Gsapp doing friday as well. hurry up 

Mar 13, 14 12:15 am  · 
 · 
shte89

waitlisted at Berkeley for M.Arch 1, final notification no later than Aprin 17th!

Mar 13, 14 7:29 am  · 
 · 
lataco

@Architectnew

Did the dean call through skype or else?

Mar 13, 14 10:25 am  · 
 · 
iematraveler

@regina11, I think you should give UMN a call.

Mar 13, 14 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
spqr

Does anyone have any insight on when Yale might send out financial info?

Mar 13, 14 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
batman

GSAPP WILL COME OUT TOMORROW

Mar 13, 14 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
architect27_87

HOW ABOUT MIT?

Mar 13, 14 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

Probably at 5:30PM, right?

Mar 13, 14 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
batman

MIT - ALREADY CAME OUT BRUH. IF YOU DIDNT GET AN ACCEPTANCE IN THE FIRST WAIVE, 99% CHANCE YOU'RE OUT. 

GSAPP WILL RELEASE THEIR DECISIONS MOST LIKELY IN THE MORNING OF TOMORROW.

Mar 13, 14 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
iematraveler

No need to yell in here. We can hear you fine.

Mar 13, 14 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
AArch2014

@spqr:

I had a conversation with someone from the Yale Financial Aid office today about a form, and they said the decisions would be made "very soon." I know its not extremely helpful, but just wanted to let you know. 

Mar 13, 14 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
spqr

lol thanks AArch2014

Mar 13, 14 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
mrenz

Anyone else super surprised by their rejection at UC Berkeley? WTF!? This whole process is a crap shoot. Seriously, the schools you do and don't get into make NO sense. And that's my 2 cents. 

Mar 13, 14 5:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: