Archinect
anchor

Dear NCARB:

Dangermouse

Sep 1, 16 6:23 pm
SpatialSojourner

I'm right there with you... I just paid mine. I went back to grad school after getting most of my hours and so I probably won't be reporting anything for about 2 years. $85 is ridiculous, $10 to hold my record, sure, but $85!!!     

Sep 1, 16 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

I just did that yesterday...but with two middle fingers and more fees.

Sep 1, 16 6:53 pm  · 
 · 

Multiply the number of licensed architects in the U.S. by 15x and you might actually have enough people for NCARB to charge $10.00 for the record.

After all, you need to pay those software developers their $1.5 Million salary and that NCARB CEO a $3.5 Million salary.

Sep 1, 16 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

Note: Richard Balkins, RickB-OR, RWCB_PBD, does not hold an NAAB-accredited degree or foreign equivalent.  He is not a licensed architect in the United States or abroad.  He is not an experienced design professional.

Sep 1, 16 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

no_form,

However, I am an experienced software developer. 

You guys shouldn't complain, you'd be paying $225 more just from the looks of it.

Sep 1, 16 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

wrong.  RickB-BSMNT, you are not an experienced software developer.  previous posts from commodore forums proved you were all talk and no action.  you did not deliver on any promises you made.  people here have presented the evidence proving you did not deliver.  you know nothing about software development.  and you do not know how to write any useful contemporary software.  you have no knowledge or experience on that.  

Sep 1, 16 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Note: Richard Balkins, RickB-OR, RWCB_PBD, does not hold an NAAB-accredited degree or foreign equivalent.  He is not a licensed architect in the United States or abroad.  He is not an experienced design professional.

I love this, thanks Archinect for making a tab for this disclaimer!

Sep 1, 16 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

i just did the OPs gesture to the above posts

Sep 1, 16 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

You guys dont have an extra 85$ to maintain your awesome status - wait you are architects!

Sep 1, 16 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
Yeah, mine is $225. Also flipping the bird at the screen.

And Balkins.
Sep 1, 16 8:56 pm  · 
 · 

no_form,

Most of the people left today in the Commodore community only represents a small and I mean SMALL fraction of the original Commodore user base. 15 years ago, the Commodore user base on a usenet newsgroup was about 10,000 world wide. The active ones were less than 1000. Those in the Commodore community these days is a little larger than it was 12 to 15 years ago. The Commodore user base in the 1980s was several million world wide. Don't you think there just might be a very high probability that wouldn't know my software. 

If you really think I can't or don't know how to develop software, I'll prove I can even to this day. 

Lets start with your stupid ass claim with regard to the Commodore 64. Software ranges from all kinds.I'll prove to your sorry ass that I can put together a C64 video game for commercial release. 

There's still a user's base and a not too crowded market. It'll take some time putting together the programming code and the sprites and the C64 'bitmap graphics' together and even SID chip tune and sfx. I had usually had SID stuff done by someone else but it may take a little bit to do. Software development quite often involves developing project teams so outsourcing SID tunes and sfx isn't unusual. There's about 15,000 or so world wide... more or less. Hard to ascertain as the numbers fluctuates and even then, what criteria do you go on? C64 hardware users? C64 emulator users which can easily skyrocket into the tens or even hundreds of millions when the emulator is a free download on PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) and other platforms. 

Even if only 5000 paid $30 on the software, that's $150K. That would take care of the student loans and then some.

Chew on that one for a bit....... bitch.

There's a user base so what the hell.

Sep 1, 16 9:24 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, mine is $225. Also flipping the bird at the screen.

And Balkins.

Thank you.... Thank you very much.

Sep 1, 16 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Rick. Go make your $150k. Please.
Sep 1, 16 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I'll prove to your sorry ass that I can put together a C64 video game for commercial release. 

Do it. You won't.

Sep 1, 16 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I love how an NCARB thread with ricki's involvement ends up here (no I don't really love it)

NCARB!

Sep 1, 16 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Once your licensed you don't need ncarb at all! (unless you want to stamp in other states) I hate to ask but.... are there 5000 functional commador 64 computers in the world?

Sep 1, 16 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

to answer your question shuellmi, there are probably as many Commodore 64's out there as there are NCARB registered Architects.

Sep 1, 16 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
No internet and no commodore make Ricky go crazy.

Internet tell Ricky burn them all. Burn them all.
Sep 1, 16 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

It used to be that once you got licensed you didn't really need NCARB anymore.  The problem now is that for reciprocity, even if the other state doesn't require an NCARB certificate and will just directly endorse the first state's license, most of those states still require a transcript of your IDP and ARE scores sent directly by NCARB anyway.   And...  for the last 5 years or so NCARB has refused to transmit the records of already-licensed architects who are certificate-eligible unless they get certified.  And if you have to get certified at that point, after you've not kept up paying NCARB dues since you got your first license, then they will charge you all the past years plus a reactivation fee plus a certification application fee, and while all of that is capped at $1500, there is still on top of that the standard transmittal fee, so you can be looking at about $2000 all at once - all because you decided not to pay $85 or $225 because years ago you thought you'd never move or want to do a project in another state.

As for Rick: you've been promising on software forums for more than 15 years now to complete various projects, and have yet to ever do a single one of them.  Ironically your excuses-upon-failure often include "too busy with my building design business".  Another oft-repeated excuse is that you couldn't concentrate because you felt too picked on and pressured by the forum.  So here's an idea:  stay gone, away from all of our evil influences,  away from taunting and turmoil, until you write that game and sell those copies and pay off those loans. 

Sep 1, 16 11:26 pm  · 
 · 

Sponty,

Unless you were involved in the Commodore community at that time, you better know what the fuck you are talking about because if you cherry pick a post or two, it isn't going to be the whole picture. However, you don't know jack shit about 15 to 30 years ago on as far as things go on that end. 

You may have owned a C64 but this doesn't mean you knew every product out there. I developed games and published them mostly through BBS and computer networks which do not exist anymore as you know them and therefore are effectively lost. 

Someone pays me $X in cash or other secure check which is cashed out or otherwise... and they get the software mailed to them or otherwise sent to them. 

Otherwise, they log into a custom BBS setup that they can download it after they are cleared to receive the disk. If they opted for download, they send the money and then they become authorized to download the software from the BBS. They just had to log in and get it. This was semi-convenient to a BBS user. As for multi-node operations, this kind of required specialized equipment if you don't use a multi-line phone service. I won't talk about how that's done. 

Sep 2, 16 12:16 am  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

That's all irrelevant.  You start these challenges for yourself all the time.  You declare that you're going to go do something, and then... you don't.  And when eventually someone asks where the promised result is - whether it's a game or a building plan or whatever - then come the inevitable excuses: people being mean to you on the internet, overbearing parents, too busy with the other career (even though neither career ever produces anything)... sound familiar?  It's always somehow somebody else's fault, even though you're the one who set the goal in the first place.  You should know by now that you have NO stick-to-it-ness, NO follow through - so you shouldn't make these declarations that you're doing to do things.  In your adult life you have NEVER once completed anything you've announced on a forum that you're going to do. Not once. Ever.  

Sep 2, 16 12:24 am  · 
 · 

Sep 2, 16 12:34 am  · 
 · 
no_form
"you don't know jack shit about 15 to 30 years ago..." RickB-BSMNT

Rick, no one wants 30 year old technology. You and your "knowledge" are obsolete.

You are a worthless piece of shit. Your parents should just lock the basement door and leave you to rot down there.
Sep 2, 16 12:50 am  · 
 · 

I have a right to cancel something I don't have any interest pursuing. You bitch about not sticking-to-it. Geez, what are they doing to financially assist and legitimize spending 40-80 hours a week for 12 to 24 months needed to do such a project. It takes more than a weekend to write a commercial C64 video game.... even back in 1980s. How much financial incentive? $0.00. Zip nada. There's very little to no reason for me to spend what amounts to a full-time to two FULL-TIME job for the next year or two. I'm not going to do commercial video game development level of work for nothing. 

If I am going to spend more than 10 hours a week on projects, I'm going to need to be paid to legitimize the time spent. 

Sep 2, 16 1:15 am  · 
 · 

Rick, no one wants 30 year old technology. You and your "knowledge" are obsolete.

You are a worthless piece of shit. Your parents should just lock the basement door and leave you to rot down there.

There are quite a few people who uses and collects C= 8 bit computers, Amiga computers, Apple 8-bit computers, Atari computers, old game consoles from 8 bit and 16 bit era. 

PS: no_form, your parents should have wore a better quality condom and used the pill just prior conceiving you.

Sep 2, 16 1:22 am  · 
 · 
no_form
How's that game coming along Balkins?
Sep 2, 16 1:46 am  · 
 · 

Sponty,

To make it clear, I am not interested in investing more than 10 hours a week or more than 250 hours on something without pay or even the conception of being paid. There has to be some perceivable amount of return to make it legitimize the time spent. 

It doesn't matter if its C64 software, PC software, software/game development or building design/architecture, etc. I'm not interested in volunteering myself.

I didn't spend the time and money to learn computer programming, software development, building design, architecture, engineering, historic preservation, etc. to be volunteering.

Is that understood? Yes, sir OR No, sir.

Sep 2, 16 1:51 am  · 
 · 

no_form, 

It takes more than a couple hours to create commercial video games even for the C64.

Sep 2, 16 1:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
No it does not Balkarina. Perhaps that codom comment you made towards no form better applies to you.
Sep 2, 16 3:22 am  · 
 · 

N.S.,

Are you trying to impress me? If so, you have  made an INTER-GALACTIC EPIC FAIL !!!!

The kind of Epic fail that every intelligent life form on every planet had double handed face palmed through the back of their skulls.

PS: I was being sarcastic with no_form for asking for same grand amount of result in an hour or two.

Sep 2, 16 5:33 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Pretty much unlikely Ricky. Intergalactic what? You're an idiot.
And no sarcasm at all from me. You're a failure and a waste of space.
Sep 2, 16 6:18 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

richard balkins you are the very definition of pathetic.... i am sure if i went and found my parents Commodore 128 and found the games I tried to program when I was 10 years old, we would probably find that when I was 10 I developed more software in that period of my life then you did in your lifetime. Like the rest of us here, not only did we go to school for architecture - we graduated. Some of us even have families and run businesses and somehow find a little time in our lives to post and laugh and call out your annoying ass bullshit. This thread is about NCARB. Do you know how to read? but since you want this thread to be about you, here you go, even if you suffer from some mental condition or are bonified retarded, you in representation of your posts are by far the most pathetic, lieing, worthless, parasitic, stupid excuse for a human being. Richard Balkins is the very definition of a loser.

Sep 2, 16 6:55 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Dangermouse is that your NCARB membership ID on the screen?

Sep 2, 16 7:02 am  · 
 · 

N.S. 

Who do you think you are? You think you're Richard Garriott, Damon Slye, Jeff Tunnell, John Carmack, or David Braben. LOL !!!!

Until then, STFU !!! If you were them, then I might want to talk with you. Until then, you are just an architect of buildings not computer software or video games.

Sep 2, 16 7:03 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

go to bed loser!

Sep 2, 16 7:04 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Yawn balky. Pathetic.

But hey, I've got a few buildings to design this morning, hopefully before lunch so I can escape early for a few pints. Which is a cubic light year more interesting and productive than you'll be for the remainder of the year.

Olaf, there is a pint of delirium with my name on it and I'm salivating just thinking about it.
Sep 2, 16 7:36 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

its never too early for Delerium!

Sep 2, 16 7:39 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Never too early (although I do have 3 buildings to work on, as mentioned above, today) is true but I have had evenings turn from roudy sport fan cheering to stumbling home in a rambling mess (a la Richard Balkins) quickly if a pint of delirium is introduced too late.
Sep 2, 16 7:43 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I typed Balkins, and this is what I got.

Sep 2, 16 8:26 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

So, I ran this, from Rikki above, through some translators, changing the language, each time I ran it;

"no_form,

Most of the people left today in the Commodore community only represents a small and I mean SMALL fraction of the original Commodore user base. 15 years ago, the Commodore user base on a usenet newsgroup was about 10,000 world wide. The active ones were less than 1000. Those in the Commodore community these days is a little larger than it was 12 to 15 years ago. The Commodore user base in the 1980s was several million world wide. Don't you think there just might be a very high probability that wouldn't know my software. 

If you really think I can't or don't know how to develop software, I'll prove I can even to this day. 

Lets start with your stupid ass claim with regard to the Commodore 64. Software ranges from all kinds.I'll prove to your sorry ass that I can put together a C64 video game for commercial release. 

There's still a user's base and a not too crowded market. It'll take some time putting together the programming code and the sprites and the C64 'bitmap graphics' together and even SID chip tune and sfx. I had usually had SID stuff done by someone else but it may take a little bit to do. Software development quite often involves developing project teams so outsourcing SID tunes and sfx isn't unusual. There's about 15,000 or so world wide... more or less. Hard to ascertain as the numbers fluctuates and even then, what criteria do you go on? C64 hardware users? C64 emulator users which can easily skyrocket into the tens or even hundreds of millions when the emulator is a free download on PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) and other platforms. 

Even if only 5000 paid $30 on the software, that's $150K. That would take care of the student loans and then some.

Chew on that one for a bit....... bitch.

There's a user base so what the hell."

and it came up with this, somewhat more interesting and intelligible response I say:

"no_form,

Most of the dead in today's day only represents a small generation of Komunumo mean small part of my original mold Commodore user group. 15 years ago, died in a new group of about 10,000 news Brigadier global user base. Death active chips were less than those 1000 common operations in the Commodore community or a little big than this 12-15 years ago. On behalf of the user base of millions around the world in 1980. Do not you think there is too great a chance that my software should know.

If you really think I can not do not know how to develop software, I will prove that I can monochromatic day of his death.

Let's start talking about your stupid ass progress dead Commodore 64 software on a regular basis to replace all kinds.I'll prove your ass die with me can sit C64 commercially released video game.

From the still-user mode, the foundation is not too busy marking. SAA Durham Only time before death or the present assembly code and elves and C64 "bitmap image" In addition to monochrome SID chip tuning and SFX. SID thing I was mainly done by others on his behalf, but may be a little too pleasing thing. Software development is often heel development project team, outsourcing SID tunes and SFX are not uncommon. When this dying world from about 15,000 ... more or less. Difficult to set stuck, because fluctuations in modulus from the standard black and white Dan what your hands? C64 hardware user? C64 emulator users regular maintenance can die in the tens of millions of black and white mode simulator zoom ratio can free download any computer (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and on other platforms.

Monochrome because only 5,000 paid $ 30, its software, which is $ 150K. This will sorghum student loans or that.

What people in chewable tablets Vatican 'N slightly ....... bitch.

From there, the user base so what the hell."

Sep 2, 16 8:42 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Chewable Tablets from the Vatican.

There is more sense in just that combination of words than it all of Balkin's post here.

Sep 2, 16 9:38 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

hahaha. that deserves a delerium.

Sep 2, 16 10:00 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Let us not forget that Rick is listed at various places on the interwebs as being born in 1981.  So, he made his massive contributions to these Millions of 80's Commodore users before the age of 10.  That is a serious accomplishment.  Just think what he could have done had he been a bit older.  

By age 11, I knew what I wanted to be in life.  Difference?  I followed through with it.  All I want is for Rick to follow through.  Then he can post here about his NCARB problems. 

And speaking of NCARB, I had no fee for my initial certification.  Maintained my record the whole time. Didn't have to pay anything.  They'll more than make up for that one instance over the span of my career. 

Sep 2, 16 10:31 am  · 
 · 
no_form
"I'll prove to your sorry ass that I can put together a C64 video game for commercial release." RWCB.

Wait, now you won't because it will take too much time and you are afraid you won't get paid.

But wait, there is a user base of 5000 people. And each one of those users wants a copy of your game. That's $150k you said.

You basically threatened to prove to me you could do it. And a few posts later say you're not going to do it.

If your mom knew how fucking lazy and stupid you'd be she would have taken a coat hanger and ripped you out of her womb and then shit on you.
Sep 2, 16 10:35 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I am sure Ricky's mom is aware of how lazy and useless he is.

Sep 2, 16 10:42 am  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

Rick you are missing my point entirely.  YOU are the one who comes up with all these things that you say you're going to go do.  Nobody else challenged you to do them - for free or not.  YOU are the one who says "I will prove to you that I can design a game", or "I will prove to you that I can design stock house plans" - and then when anybody eventually asks what ever became of that, you come up with fifty billion excuses why you changed your mind and don't want to do it now.

You don't have follow-through, drive, or willpower.  You don't independently manage your time well.  That's why you're not a good entrepreneur.  That is why you should stop wasting all your time here and go get an actual job!

You know how you're always saying that you'd rather work for yourself because there's a 5 to 10 year average cycle of layoffs, and it might take a year to find another job, and you want "creative control"?  Well even if your own tenure only lasts a year (because, you know, you being you...) and it takes a year between each job to find the next, by now you would still have 5+ years of experience if you'd started working back when you started claiming to be a building designer.  Instead you've spent 10 years reading architecture board rules and NCARB rules looking for shortcuts, while earning nothing and gaining no experience.  You've got "creative control" of NOTHING except a reputation for ill-informed posts on the internet.  Is that what you want your legacy to be?

Sep 2, 16 10:44 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

^ not totally true, he claims responsibility for a death-trap theater

Sep 2, 16 10:59 am  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

He claims that his involvement with that project ended almost 10 years ago - and, if we are to believe other forum regulars, the city says they've got nothing in their files indicating he did have any involvement, the theater management hasn't heard of him and names two other designers as having developed the schematics, and the only supposed proof Rick has provided of "his" involvement with that building whatsoever is a photo of somebody else work on a window opening.

Sep 2, 16 11:57 am  · 
 · 

I've come to the realization that since it appears that Archinect is unwilling to ban Balkins, there is nothing we can do about this except to accept it, own it, and have some fun with it (more on that later).

Congrats Balkins! You just became the studio project that got started all wrong but we were to stupid to know it. We wanted to like you but realized too late in the semester that we couldn't fix you. It was already to late to start over with something new, and no amount of photoshop was going to put enough lipstick on that pig to make it better. Instead, the only option was to pin that turd on the wall, shine it up as much as we could, and archispeak our way out of it hoping to make it out of the final review alive with whatever shred of dignity we could manage to cling to. 

P.s. So happy I renewed my NCARB record this year early, before the rate went up. $10 in savings isn't much, but it will pay for my lunch today.

Sep 2, 16 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

Do your employers not reimburse for NCARB renewal fees? That's been the standard practice at almost everywhere I've worked.

Sep 2, 16 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: