Archinect
anchor

Dear NCARB:

awaiting_deletion

nice tduds! in ricks world everyone is a liar, especially successful people. as long as rick doesnt find women evil, i think we are good - he's harmless but terribly annoying.

Sep 4, 16 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
Flatfish

He may not be so harmless. There's a creeper side of him.  There's more to why he couldn't get into the architecture major at UO than just his refusal to take the SATs.  H'e admitted on other forums  that he was so threatening to a female administrator that she had him flagged for mandatory counseling, and then in a later incident he was asked to leave the architecture building by campus security guards.  He also used to host a site of nothing but photos of Jeri Ellsworth, a computer designer with whom he is obsessed, which he took at various events at which she was a speaker. 

Sep 4, 16 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
Well, after that post all my retracing the Goonies in Astoria plans are out the window.

Holy crap.
Sep 4, 16 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
So I read on Wikipedia that Jeri Ellswoth started designing a commodore chip that fits inside a joystick in June of 2004 that was completed in December of 2004 and made a fortune. So much for Balkins saying it takes over a year just to design a commercially viable game.

Balkins you suck at everything but ironically have never done anything. Amazing.
Sep 4, 16 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

He may not be so harmless. There's a creeper side of him.  There's more to why he couldn't get into the architecture major at UO than just his refusal to take the SATs.  H'e admitted on other forums  that he was so threatening to a female administrator that she had him flagged for mandatory counseling, and then in a later incident he was asked to leave the architecture building by campus security guards.  He also used to host a site of nothing but photos of Jeri Ellsworth, a computer designer with whom he is obsessed, which he took at various events at which she was a speaker. 

You got the story wrong. Fist off, there was no mandatory counseling that you are talking about. 

You twisted up the details. 

As for hosting a site of nothing but photos of Jeri Ellsworth, I never did that. I never hosted such a website. You are confusing me with Robert Bernardo who took photos of Jeri and other people at other events. Some did describe the significant number of photos of Jeri at various events at which she was a speaker. 

I never hosted such a website.

Sep 4, 16 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

you pretended to have some role in development with castAR, which is that poor girl's product right?  how is that going?  develop anything that can be commercially released yet?

Sep 4, 16 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Flatfish

Balkins: did you or didn't you get sent to some threat-evaluation officer in student life or something like that, because you intimidated someone in the architecture school administration?

And did you or didn't you later get approached by security guards and asked to leave the architecture building?

As for the photos site: in a previous discussion you yourself pointed me to that, and it was on one of your own domains (wildstar, wavestar, whateverstar...), and told me that you took the pictures.  I can probably either dredge up the site, or the discussion, or both.  Stay tuned.

Sep 4, 16 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. 

Sep 4, 16 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
Flatfish

Here we go.  The link is dead now, but this is where they were, and the site was registered to you, Richard W. C. Balkins:  http://www.wavestarinteractive.com/jeri/jeri.html

Sep 4, 16 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Sep 4, 16 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

This isn't the first time Balkins has emanated a creepy vibe.  He said the reason he didn't want to take the SAT is that it would be held in a high school and that would be a likely setting for an undercover sting to catch 30-something men molesting high school girls.  That just seems like an idea that would never even occur to a non-creep.  And sheesh, shouldn't even a creepy one find it easy to avoid that trap when he suspects it in advance? How much self-control must someone lack if they're worried they can't just keep hands on their number 2 pencils and off high school girls for the 4 hours the SAT takes, and then book it out of that high school ASAP?

Sep 4, 16 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse
This is gross. Balkins, get help
Sep 4, 16 8:19 pm  · 
 · 

As for the photos site: in a previous discussion you yourself pointed me to that, and it was on one of your own domains (wildstar, wavestar, whateverstar...), and told me that you took the pictures.  I can probably either dredge up the site, or the discussion, or both.  Stay tuned.

I now remember what that is you are specifically referring to. 

I hosted the photos and html page for Robert Bernardo that requested it. He took the photos and did that. It was quite awhile ago.

I never said I took the photos. I think you are confused about the facts and details.

Sep 4, 16 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

This isn't the first time Balkins has emanated a creepy vibe.  He said the reason he didn't want to take the SAT is that it would be held in a high school and that would be a likely setting for an undercover sting to catch 30-something men molesting high school girls.  That just seems like an idea that would never even occur to a non-creep.  And sheesh, shouldn't even a creepy one find it easy to avoid that trap when he suspects it in advance? How much self-control must someone lack if they're worried they can't just keep hands on their number 2 pencils and off high school girls for the 4 hours the SAT takes, and then book it out of that high school ASAP?

I don't trust high school teenagers. They flat out will lie about things just to cause trouble to other people even people they don't know who does nothing and say nothing to them. 

There are a lot of crazy lying teens.

Teens have done this to other people. 

Sep 4, 16 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

So ricky is blaming the victim?

Classic ricky.

Sep 5, 16 8:20 am  · 
 · 
tduds

I'm so tempted to call up my friends from Eugene and ask about what happened.

Sep 5, 16 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

Look Balkins, a little friendly advice, just in case your comments are totally without guile:

1. Stay away from people who want you to host their stalker pics site.  Especially when they are people you meet on computer sites, who should be 100% capable of setting up their own site for such things.  Think!  There are reasons they don't want to do it themselves.  The most innocent is that they have a wife or girlfriend who they don't want to find out about their hobby.  Worse reasons: they have a parole officer who might get angry. Or a restraining order they're violating.  Or a plea agreement that involves promising not to stalk people.

2. About your friend or acquaintance or family member who says they were set up and framed by a high school girl when they were just minding their own business and never even spoke to her or looked at her:  they are lying.  Stay away from that friend/acquaintance/relative - and stop believing them and following their advice.  If you ever decide to take the SAT, and have to do it at a high school, just sit at your desk, focus on your analogies, and don't associate with teenagers.

Sep 5, 16 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Richard Stalkins. 

Sep 5, 16 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
This is the best dumpster fire?
Sep 5, 16 4:12 pm  · 
 · 

Aluminate,

Robert Bernardo is a school teacher (at the time... don't know if he retired or not) in California. As for the website, there is nothing with regards to the webpage that is 'stalker pics'. Robert Bernardo photographs and films at numerous events. Jeri Ellsworth was a particularly noteworthy person in the Commodore community and beyond.

There was basically photos and brief description of the event by Robert Bernardo and Mitch Zollinger. This was back in 2005. 

From what I recall, most people weren't complaining at me. Robert Bernardo's photographing of her at multiple events did to some extent caused some people to have a stalker vibe. This page and photo was with regards to her speech at Stanford University.

At that level I didn't consider it in itself to be all that much being 'stalking' in nature. 

Sep 5, 16 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

"It puts the lotion on its skin"

Sep 5, 16 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

I'll have to say this for a moment, when you read the few comp.sys.cbm posts on this topic, you have to look at people were giving Robert Bernardo a hard time. Mainly they were doing that because she was a woman. If she was a man, they wouldn't be making a bunch of noise.

Seriously, it was b.s. 

Sep 5, 16 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

"they were making noise because he was a man, stalking a woman.  If he wasn't stalking her, it wouldn't have mattered"

Sep 5, 16 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Robert Bernardo = John Barron
Sep 5, 16 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
Flatfish

You're sounding like every addict and criminal who gets caught: "honestly officer, those aren't my drugs that are sewed into the cuffs of my jeans.  I was just holding them for a friend."  Don't you every worry that employers or clients will google you? Residential designers need to have good reputations and seem safe enough for people to let into their houses.  A history of intimidating school administrators, being removed by security guards, publicly worrying that you'll be the subject of a pedophile bust, and hosting stalker photos (whether for friends or not) wouldn't sit well with me if I was looking for someone to come measure my home.

Sep 5, 16 7:08 pm  · 
 · 

Dangermouse,

They thought he was 'stalking' her. So damn what. I met Robert Bernardo, in person, before. 

Some of the individuals making all this noise calling him a stalker were jealous and some of them were horny for Jeri because she was a woman, technology savvy and fairly attractive. I had met Jeri in person, once. 

So what.

Robert Bernardo may have been more like a star trek geek fan and attracted to her tech savvy nature in relation to Commodore. I wouldn't necessarily draw the line all the way to something someone stalking her to get in bed with her that some of them expressed.

I didn't in particular find hosting a webpage/site consisting of photographs of Jeri and a brief description about her talk at Stanford University to be stalking. I found it to be something potentially of general interest to the Commodore community. While I was aware of the controversial aura surrounding Robert Bernardo but even Jeri did not make any indication of issues regarding the matters. As a matter of fact, Jeri and Robert Bernardo were on friendly relations at the time. Enough that even the MossyCon event that occurred a month or two earlier, there was absolutely no indication to me that she had any problems with Robert Bernardo's presence. 

Those claiming Robert Bernardo was stalking her had been going on for some time like the prior 5 years. Therefore, I never really held those complaints with much credence.

http://www.dickestel.com/articles/mossycon.txt

This event was largely impromptu because it was near the last moments that we knew of all those coming at near the same time so it was more logistic fine tuning to get everyone together in person at the same timing.

So what was just different people stopping by, there was just a interesting potential when a number of them were coming by at nearly the same time frame so, it was just dialing in people's schedule a little more to time them and we essentially have a small event gathering.

It was an opportunity to meet up and have fun talking about things with regards to the Commodore / Amiga and otherwise get to know each other. 

While many of us in the software field don't have an incessant need for face to face communication to do business and get stuff done. It's nice to meet up in group events once in awhile. 

Sep 5, 16 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Stalkin Balkin 

Sep 5, 16 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Well, Balskid, trust this; I have zero desire to "meet-up" with you ever, but if you did feel so cozy as to announce your presence, within shouting distance of moi, you should probably beg for a 5 minute head start.

Sep 5, 16 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

You're sounding like every addict and criminal who gets caught: "honestly officer, those aren't my drugs that are sewed into the cuffs of my jeans.  I was just holding them for a friend."  Don't you every worry that employers or clients will google you? Residential designers need to have good reputations and seem safe enough for people to let into their houses.  A history of intimidating school administrators, being removed by security guards, publicly worrying that you'll be the subject of a pedophile bust, and hosting stalker photos (whether for friends or not) wouldn't sit well with me if I was looking for someone to come measure my home.

JESUS Friggin' CHRIST, THERE IS NO HOSTING OF STALKER PHOTOS. JERI WAS NOT BEING STALKED. 

As for intimidating school administrators, I don't recall my behavior being intimidating unless anyone who isn't a blind following kiss ass is intimidating then you can go fuck yourself you cocksuckers.

I won't follow rules of an unjust government and for fucking god sake, it is my right as a citizen (which is CO-OWNER) to enroll in any class offered by a public university. My right was infringed upon by their rules. 

The #1 reason I didn't want to take the SAT is simple. I have already proven myself by obtaining an associates degree. The SAT is only an aptitude test for proving if a person has aptitude for the liberal arts core curriculum. I already have that done. I already passed the required math classes. SAT is not an aptitude test for gauging aptitude for architecture.

They have since changed the rules so it might be possible to go through admission department without an SAT. 

If I was harsh then tough shit. You have to be harsh and not a meek, shy brown nosing kiss asser, if you are going to survive architecture school. So if that's intimidating, Jesus frickin' Christ. Hell, when she saw me at the AIAS meeting a week and a half later after I had confronted her, I didn't even talk to her. In fact, I was watching the presentation at the AIAS meeting. It was at the end of the meeting that the UO Police showed up. 

Jesus Christ, she didn't have the UO Police show up when I confronted her. 

No. It was over a week later and at that time, I didn't even talk to her. Listen to the facts. 

I do call bullshit like it is. I'm not exactly a "political correctness" follower. I don't sugar coat. 

If she is a pansy, then tough shit. Grow a set of balls you ball less pieces of shit. You won't survive boot camp with that attitude. You better have some moxie behind you. 

I'm not going to curve myself to accommodate other people. They don't do it so why should I? Why should I care to accommodate you? You don't? Why should I?

Guess what, even the Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards agreed that her use of calling the UO Police was excessive. 

Sep 5, 16 9:58 pm  · 
 · 

Well, Balskid, trust this; I have zero desire to "meet-up" with you ever, but if you did feel so cozy as to announce your presence, within shouting distance of moi, you should probably beg for a 5 minute head start.

Why would that be? (No, no.... not a desire to 'meet-up' part.... the beg for a 5 minute head start.)

Sep 5, 16 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Youre a douche- see my comments in the C64 thread

Sep 5, 16 10:01 pm  · 
 · 

JeromeS

You're the shit eating fly that wallows in douche and lives on it.

Sep 5, 16 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Wouldn't that be a douche eating fly?

Sep 5, 16 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Balskid, my warning stands; beg.

Sep 5, 16 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I laugh at you derisively

Sep 5, 16 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

whaaaaaat?  you're now telling a girl who you confronted that she has to grow balls?

come on devs, you can ban him.  you know it will be alright, despite the threats of what "rights" he thinks he has.  hell, you could make me a moderator.  my only role would be to ban RB.  i would be happy to carry that responsibility.

Sep 5, 16 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
And I thought I had issues...

Damn.
Sep 5, 16 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
So can archinect finally ban someone who stalks women and tries to pick up under age girls? Or does that not violate community rules? He does know where one member of archinect lives and it is a woman.

Why does archinect tolerate this scum bag?
Sep 5, 16 11:21 pm  · 
 · 

tduds,

Thanks, your right... a douche eating fly.

Sep 5, 16 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
^ I see you were really afraid of the verbal portion of SAT on top of the cockamamie, conspiracy theory riddled "man trying to keep me down" excuse.

Ok, I'm done. Rick, you need help. I hope you get the help you need before you hurt yourself or someone else.
Sep 6, 16 12:17 am  · 
 · 

whaaaaaat?  you're now telling a girl who you confronted that she has to grow balls?

That lady was an older lady. I would estimate she was in her 60s. I wasn't saying she has to literally grow balls. The phrase means to develop a moxie and not be so damn 'onion skin' is scared if someone isn't outright meek and introverted to the point that they can't stand up and confront.  Yes, you absolutely MUST be confrontational. If you're not, people walk all over you. You have to be in architecture or any occupation or profession. 

You have to have a bit of moxie in you and the guts to confront vs. being a push over.

Just because I have guts and confront shouldn't in any way be intimidating. However, the people who are intimidated by such are intimidated by anyone who less cowardice and less of a push over than they are.

I call it chicken shit that a person calls UO Police to talk to me a week and a half later after an AIAS meeting just because the person saw me at an AIAS meeting which I was in my full right to attend and saw me go into classrooms that I enrolled in.... just because the person thought I wasn't enrolled in any classes in the building or the University. All the person had to do is contact the registrar office. They could possibly state to her that I was enrolled at the University and enrolled in the Historic Preservation program within the A&AA. 

She could have asked me if I was enrolled in classes there. It was over a week later.  All she needed to do is ask calmly and respectfully. I wasn't hiding the fact I was a student enrolled at the University or in classes in Lawrence Hall and abroad. I wasn't hiding that by any means. 

It was nonetheless, chickenshit but the officers weren't even needed. The lady misused the UO Police. The UO Police simply doing their job. They didn't really have to tell me to leave the building. More accurately, they ask me to leave for the building for the time being, which I was already going to do. They asked me to leave the building while they check on things at the registrar and come back closer to the time of my next class later in the afternoon. Not as a forceful order. There was no confrontation or argument between me and those officers. Why? As a general matter, they just didn't want any further issues on the matter while they were checking on things. They were just responding to some call or report or something. I was ready to leave the building, get some lunch then get stuff together for the next class. 

She's no longer there anymore. Technically, the UO Police held me up maybe a little longer from leaving the building until my next class there. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal. She had made it more of an issue than she needed to. In certain issues, I maybe more confrontational but I'm not generally violent.  I maybe more aggressive to some aspect but not physically violent to other people. As a general rule, I don't just attack people. Just because the old lady called the UO Police, I didn't go and attack her. Why? What would that solve? More than anything, that annoyance made me make my point in 2nd assignment in ARCH 201 Intro to Architecture at UO. Basically, I did the assignment better than the other students in the class. There were some interesting ideas but not well executed. In the assignment, I did spend more than 30 minutes on. 

It was me saying "F-ck You, Ms./Mrs. _______________. " when she basically made a comment when I talked to her at the first week of class. The calling of the UO Police was kind of the chicken shit crap that sparked me to make my point in the class work.

Ironically, when another student in the class so it, said to me, you're making us all look bad. Well, they didn't have yet the skills to do it. Some of them did complain (even to the Director of the Department of Architecture) & worrying that the work that I did would cause them to be graded poorly. My work wasn't held against them. Shit happens but you know, most of them are probably doing just fine. I'm happy for them.

Sep 6, 16 12:59 am  · 
 · 

So can archinect finally ban someone who stalks women and tries to pick up under age girls? Or does that not violate community rules? He does know where one member of archinect lives and it is a woman. 

Why does archinect tolerate this scum bag?

You aren't even reading what I said, distorting everything and making a bunch of noise.

So what if I know roughly the area that she happens to live and other people. It doesn't mean I am going out of my way to go after them. If you think that, you're more fucked up than me. If you think I am going to go after women on this forum or underage girls, the only I have to say is you are so fucked up that you will make a curly q look straight.

Sep 6, 16 1:08 am  · 
 · 

Balskid, my warning stands; beg.

Beg for what? 

Sep 6, 16 1:11 am  · 
 · 
tduds

I wasn't saying she has to literally grow balls. The phrase means to develop a moxie..

You know you're autistic, right? Like, it can't be that much of a mystery anymore. Let's not pussyfoot around it. You want moxie and confrontation, there it is. You have Asperger's Syndrome and everyone knows it.

Get some help already. I was recently at a fairly nice healthcare facility in Astoria, I think you'd do well to take advantage of their resources.

Sep 6, 16 1:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Balsky is like that inbred 3rd cousin type you sometimes see at country weddings... We've all seen the type, it's the one who shows up in cut off jean shorts and a graphic t-shirt and stands right next to the bride in the group shot.

You always go home wondering who invited him?
Sep 6, 16 2:24 am  · 
 · 
Just to make sure I'm following along...

Ricky got the cops called on him because he intimidated a 60-year-old woman by complaining about the fact that he didn't want to take the SAT because he's afraid that if he steps foot on a high school campus some teenager will claim he molested her?

And what does this have to do with NCARB?
Sep 6, 16 7:52 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Maybe that's why he does not leave his small town. It must be some sort of restraining order / house arrest deal. 

Rick Balkins, are you a registered sex-offender? Don't worry, no elaborate degree or exams are required for admission to this club. You seem to be a natural talent.

Sep 6, 16 8:34 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Wait, if your a registered sex offender and a building designer can you call yourself a registered builfing designer?

Sep 6, 16 10:46 am  · 
 · 
SpontaneousCombustion

Balkins you do realize this isn't normal, right?  I mean, even if you're not a sex offender and even if you didn't physically assault an administrator, it's not normal to get so angry and confrontational with someone that campus police have to be called and you have to get threat-evaluated.  You sound like you think that your behavior was perfectly reasonable and justified, and that because you did well on an assignment it somehow proves this.  While doing well on an assignment may indicated that you had some aptitude for the subject matter, it doesn't prove that you were right in getting beligerrant and cursing out the woman.  There's no justification that can make that ok.

Sep 6, 16 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

i guess that's balkin's standard of care and code of ethics?  

really, can balkin's be banned now?  he's shown evidence in his personal and "professional" life that he has no business being on here.  

this guy is a creepy fuck with a fucked up life that doesn't need to be on a forum dedicated to architecture.  

this is really a new low for archinect.  that somehow it's okay to have someone dominate every thread with bullshit and now find out he's a violent misogynist.  

Sep 6, 16 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: