Archinect
anchor

Acceptance/Rejection Decisions 2015

citizencities

Why does the GSD take FOREVER :( Historically, according to grad cafe, GSD decisions are released every first Friday of March. I hope it's earlier than that this year ;)

Feb 28, 15 12:57 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

Has anyone received an email from Michigan? I hope my email with an congrats video is an acceptance email. I am bit confused. Michigan is my top choice. I am still waiting from GSD, Columbia and UW. Congrats to everyone! And the one who didn't get in, don't give up and try again!

Feb 28, 15 1:08 am  · 
 · 
windupbird

@unamuno 

I also got an email from Michigan last night. Judging from the amount of talk about it, here and on grad cafe, it doesn't seem like it was sent out to all the admitted M.Arch I's (but maybe no one is into forums these days, who knows). It also seems like informal congrats are popular-- waiting on formal offers from three schools now!

Does anyone know what's up with MIT's willy-nilly notification system? 

Feb 28, 15 7:45 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@windupbird I am a MAarch2, but I still got an email from Michigan. What does your Michigan email say? Is it like that? "#### ######## You will receive a formal letter of admission (via email) with complete details of your admission offer shortly" I wonder why they send out those informal notifications....

Feb 28, 15 8:41 am  · 
 · 
windupbird

@unamuno

Yes, same email: "You will receive a formal letter of admission (via email) with complete details of your admission offer shortly." Wonder how long shortly is...

Feb 28, 15 9:56 am  · 
 · 
video_killed

@Unamuno

Nope, if you got an email last night from Michigan with "Congrats" in it, you were clearly just rejected from their program. I'm sorry, try again next year. 

;) It was a cute video, though. 

Feb 28, 15 11:06 am  · 
 · 
video_killed

@windupbird What have you found to be "willy-nilly" about MIT's notification system? It's a small program, so my guess is that they just call everyone they accept, waitlist and reject via email. It sounds like a round of people got waitlisted yesterday, and a bunch of people have been getting phone call acceptances. 

Have you heard anything back from them?

Also, everyone, check your spam boxes. My acceptance email from Michigan ended up in mine. 

Feb 28, 15 11:15 am  · 
 · 
windupbird

@video_killed

I have just only seen one or two people reporting anything either way from MIT so it led me to think that they didn't notify all of one group at once, but if you've seen otherwise I may most certainly be wrong. Maybe I was just holding out hope :) I haven't heard from them, so it seems like a no.

Feb 28, 15 11:23 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@video_killed I like people with a sharp sense of humor. :) Mine ended up in spam too. What's your top prioritie school to get in? P.s. why would one go to MIT :D?

Feb 28, 15 11:35 am  · 
 · 
sirhc

@unamuno

What's your MArch II concentration for Michigan?

Feb 28, 15 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@sirch Yes, my application was for MArch2. My other choices are; GSD, Columbia, University of Washington, University of Oregon sent me a big NO.

Feb 28, 15 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

Was anyone accepted into the m.arch 1 program for Michigan or washu? 

Feb 28, 15 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

I received an acceptance email from WashU yesterday around 5PM EST for M.Arch I

Feb 28, 15 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
windupbird

@bvega I was accepted to the M.Arch I program at Michigan yesterday via email,no formal offer yet though 

Feb 28, 15 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
Kell

Looks like UCLA started throwing some early acceptances out as well 

Feb 28, 15 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
mononoaware

@berlinera

Thanks!

V 162 / Q 162 / A 5.5

Feb 28, 15 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

@Unamuno

I see. I meant to ask you which of the four concentrations is your choice.

Design and Health

Digital Technologies

Material Systems

Conservation

I'm DT

Feb 28, 15 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
natematt
^Only the MS degrees have concentrations.
Mar 1, 15 5:23 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@sirch Oh I am sorry, I didn't get the point. I have not decided what concentration I am picking up. most likely materials or digital technology.

Mar 1, 15 8:15 am  · 
 · 
jajahahaja

oh my... looks like mit released their decisions? just to let you guys know, i got interview offer from gsd MAUD.

Mar 1, 15 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

what exactly is early admittance?

Mar 2, 15 10:07 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@bvega

I assume it is a very first  wave of applicants who got admitted and are being notified before the ones who are still being reviewed or waitlisted.

------------------

Any formal notification from Michigan so far? 

Mar 2, 15 10:40 am  · 
 · 
thebloodfiend

GSAPP is killing me. I only need to hear back from them until I make a decision....

Now, part of me wishes I'd tried for GSD, Yale, and Princeton. Just to see. 

Mar 2, 15 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Kell

I think most schools who do early admittance ,do it for their top picks and most often come with entering scholarships. Some schools even require an earlier decision deadline from these applicants. In short they basically are trying to lure their favorites and do so by showing distinguishment over others , sometimes they call personally. 

I think it's dumb and think they should all just notify everyone at once . 

Mar 2, 15 11:00 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@Kell 

I agree what you say, everyone should be notified in the same day at least.

Before having got an acceptance email from Michigan I had got an email saying that I would get a notification of my application by March 6th, in fact I got an acceptance email in the last week Feb 27th.

I am still waiting from Columbia although my school to go is Michigan. I live in NYC and it would be much easier for me to find a place close to Columbia and my girlfriend would not brake up with me which she promised if I go to Michigan Lol 

Mar 2, 15 11:21 am  · 
 · 
YLMS

Just got accepted to Cornell via email. Wonder if anyone else is in the same boat here.

Mar 2, 15 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
stvn_ktz

My anxiety is killing me. UCLA needs to send out their decision. And Columbia... Is anyone else checking their email 4 times an hour? 

Mar 2, 15 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
midfish

@YLMS I got into Cornell too!!

Mar 2, 15 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

They need to change the statuses on the applications page...

Mar 2, 15 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

@sk1992

Are you MArch I or II? My co-worker has received an acceptance e-mail from UCLA MArch I last Friday.

Mar 2, 15 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
stvn_ktz

@sirhc

M Arch I. Not sure if I should make a phone call to the department? I've seen a lot of acceptances on Grad Cafe, as well. 

Mar 2, 15 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
YLMS

@midfish 

congrats! i'd love to contact you separately to compare notes. good luck with the rest of your results.

Mar 2, 15 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

@sk1922

They might not give out all acceptances at the same time. I have no idea about that. You can wait couple more weeks or just call them and ask what your current status is. I think it's reasonable to give them a call since others have heard about their decisions. I'd call if I were you. FYI, my co-worker has no arch background, so 3 yr program. If you are going into advanced placement, maybe it's little different.

Mar 2, 15 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

@YLMS and @midfish

Did you apply for M.Arch I or II?

Mar 2, 15 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
midfish

@video_killed  MArch I. 

Mar 2, 15 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
video_killed

I guess Cornell doesn't love me, then. 

Haven't heard anything back. 

Mar 2, 15 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

it really rubs me the wrong way how deliberately the admissions offices at some of these programs show they just don't give a shit about communication.

Mar 2, 15 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
CRM114

@video_killed  I haven't heard from Cornell either.

Mar 2, 15 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
Kell

In Ucla : called today 

In Sci-Arc: called 2 weeks ago with Scholarship. 

All M. Arch 1 , 3 year program. 

Mar 2, 15 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
manriqueac

FYI to those who applied to IIT -- Just checked the grad portal on the website, and was listed as 'admitted'! They have not sent an official email yet. 

Mar 2, 15 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
nonsequitur

This is me.

Mar 2, 15 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
loster

congrats to everyone who got in :)

Do they let us know if we are rejected? 

Mar 3, 15 12:54 am  · 
 · 
video_killed

Guys, this processing is killing me. Who else is ready for GSD on Friday?

Mar 3, 15 9:59 am  · 
 · 
jajahahaja

@video_killed what do u mean by gsd friday?

Mar 3, 15 10:04 am  · 
 · 
bvega

Its the date that the harvard graduate school of design typically releases admissions decisions

Mar 3, 15 10:18 am  · 
 · 
CRM114

Anyone know if Cornell might release more admitted decisions for MArch? I would expect more than the 4 currently on gradcafe if they had sent out all admitted emails.

Mar 3, 15 11:05 am  · 
 · 
bvega

why not call them and ask? Im curious to know as well. If you do call, please post what they say.

Mar 3, 15 11:31 am  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

Has anyone got a formal acceptance letter from Michigan yet?

GSD and Columbia will send the decisions out tomorrow IMHO.

May Chuck help us!

Mar 3, 15 11:41 am  · 
 · 
citizencities

@Unamuno

Why do you think GSD will come out tomorrow? Historically they've come out on Fridays, according to Grad Cafe. 

Mar 3, 15 11:44 am  · 
 · 
bvega

I agree with citezencities. They will probably come out this friday.

Mar 3, 15 11:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: