Archinect
anchor

Glass floors?

Pacific

Has anyone seen a really nice glass floor in any sort of projects?
thanks!

Jul 8, 10 12:13 pm
andmylegsarelong

This Ehrlich house has a suspended glass floor walkway. You can see it in the fourth image.
http://www.s-ehrlich.com/#/work/HOUSES/700-PALMS-RESIDENCE/0

Jul 8, 10 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

vertigo-inducing glass floors:

sears tower glass cube thingys

grand canyon skywalk

Jul 8, 10 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Pacific

thanks andmylegsarelong.
i'm actually hoping to try to find some projects that aren't really the typical use of the laminated glass that all seem to end up looking like a shopping mall or vegas.
still looking...
thanks though.

Jul 8, 10 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I did a joke sort of thing that I posted on archinect. I mean... the rendering kind of sucks though. It uses a glass floor.

Jul 8, 10 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
model.bot

The Library of Congress in Washington DC has a nice glass floor.

Jul 8, 10 8:42 pm  · 
 · 

oma's embassy in berlin has a nice coloured glass floor

glass floor

and if the myth is correct, apparently it had to be covered over when the queen was there to open it protect her modesty.

Jul 9, 10 11:29 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

The American Antiquarian Institute has a glass floor along with an amazing collection of American Prose. But then again it is conventional....but it was a radical idea when it was built. The building is a fire proof vault....least the said it was when they built...way back when!

Jul 9, 10 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Apple store stairs. 

Oct 29, 20 11:20 am  · 
 · 
zonker

the Oakland 19th st. Bart station on 2Oth st has glass floors at the sidewalk level. When it rains, you ca easily slip and fall into the path of of bike riders, or AC transit buses, now there is a homeless tent pitched over it

Oct 29, 20 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

It was used for a while by vulture capitalists to store their rental junk for rubes. I'd rather someone live there.

Oct 29, 20 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: