Archinect
anchor

Do you need an architect volunteer in London?

smash101

I am looking for an internship in London while looking for full time employment.
I am registered as an architect in the US. I have a 5 year degree in architecture and a masters degree in Landscape Architecture and regional planning from an Ivy League University. I have very solid experience including contract administration on a very complex project. I am proficient in number software including Rhino and AutoCAD.
I am interested in working on an exciting project and would consider a competition.
If you know of any opportunity please let me know.

Thanks!

May 2, 10 6:27 am
TED

you should look at the visa rules and this!

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=426&storycode=3161898

it is unlikely that uk firms who are in the range of 20-35% unemployed will have the ability to pay you £75k to do Rhino/Autocad!

if you can come and get a masters here [i year] you could apply for a 2 year free roam visa that allows you to work anywhere for anyone if you could find them!

May 2, 10 9:55 am  · 
 · 
smash101

TED good point.
But just to clarify, I do have UK visa that allows me to work anywhere in the UK. I am currently located in London.
I have no salary restriction, my pay could range from 0 to infinity.
I prefer a paid position but would welcome a good experience on temporary basis with no pay, just to learn and expand on my portfolio.

May 2, 10 10:32 am  · 
 · 
iheartbooks

"I have no salary restriction"

Must be nice.

May 2, 10 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
smash101

My point is that I would welcome a temporary position on volunteer basis, because I am in a new country and it will take me time to look for full time work. All I am saying that I would not mine to have temporary experience while I am sending out my resumes and waiting for responses. I know some firms can't afford an employee right now but have some work. If you know someone like that please let me know.

May 2, 10 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
smash101

ooh correction "... I would not mind..."

May 2, 10 5:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: