Archinect
anchor

Gehry Partners, LLP Internship

||||

Anyone here at Gehry' shop?

I work at TBWA\Chiat\Day across the lot.

Leaving Chiat to pursue architecture.

Headed to Columbia this summer for the Intro to Arch program.

Upon completion of the summer program, I plan to come back to LA.

Hoping to land an internship, whilst completing my portfolio.

Would love to land a seat in Gehry Partners, LLP.

Anyone (past & current staff/interns) there that can lend some pointers?

Is there an internship program? Paying? Is salary based on experience?

Maybe an HR contact? I've been informed Jill Auerbach is my person.

Thinking about poking my head in the building before I leave Chiat.

Apr 30, 10 4:09 pm
Distant Unicorn

Has anyone shown you how they actually make the sausage?

Apr 30, 10 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
model.bot

Do the people across the lot seem happy these days?

Apr 30, 10 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
PostDepot

What are you doing in TBWA\Chiat\Day? Has anyone shown you how they actually make the bacon?

Apr 30, 10 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
Justin Ather Maud

I haven't checked the employment opps at Gehry lately, but my impression is that people with, say, seven or so years of education can't get a foot in the door, there, or almost anywhere else.

I think you should talk to some employees, say by ambushing them in the parking lot at 2:00 am when they get off work and see what they think of your chances of taking a seat there. At least you're nearby, and it won't cost you R/T airfare to do it.

May 1, 10 10:26 am  · 
 · 
job job

I was your more-louche-than-slick, used-car-driving neighbour across the lot, and really enjoyed your summer bbqs.
Just go and say hi to some people, and ask your questions - they're equally interested in chiatday.

May 1, 10 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
tuna

i've seen people with a 7 year arch. background doing nothing but gluing trees and people on site models. i always wonder what type of experience one needs to fold and crupple the paper on the models.

May 1, 10 6:38 pm  · 
 · 

lots of passive aggressive responses.

wish i could offer you informed advice, but the people i know who worked at gehry left at its high point.

that said, you are what you dare, so why not stick your head in and chat. the worse they can say is not right now thanks.

May 1, 10 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
job job

I interrupt my Saturday night with the following message:

My post was neither passive nor aggressive. I call it how I see it, and hopefully with some élan. And my seven-plus years provided excellent training in words like 'crumple'. What's with the 'I heard about/know some guys' crap? =D

May 1, 10 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
||||

WAMP!

was just informed from Jill herself that Gehry is not accepting interns this summer or fall. guess businessweek was right after all.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_19/b4177060216880_page_2.htm

May 3, 10 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

When Frank Gehry is spending his days designing hats for Lady Gaga on his iPhone, I think it's a pretty clear sign that as a profession we are pretty much screwed.

May 3, 10 2:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: