Archinect
anchor

"AZ Immigration Law"/SB 1070 - Your Thoughts?

Caryatid15

^I definitely wouldn't.

Call me naive, but it surprises me that the illegals are causing so much trouble. I mean, one would think that an illegal alien would be extra careful about their actions because they would want to stay under the radar - - seems like that's not the case in AZ. I have to admit, I've met one or two "illegals" in my lifetime (not ones who crossed the border, more like those who overstayed and never came back to their homeland) and they're always rather careful with everything they do (don't get me wrong, I don't condone what those people have done)

May 1, 10 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
oe

You would think that. And its weird, because over the last 10 years Arizonas population has tripled, and yet crime has steadily decreased over that same period. Sadly, all those sombrero wearing goblins in lou dobbs head have been spreading an imaginary wave of crime and disease all across the southwest that the federal government has completely failed to respond to! Thank god we'll now have Field Marshall Joe Arpaio pulling over and deporting completely innocent people to protect us!

May 1, 10 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

crime has steadily decreased?
o rly?

Criminals targeted in U.S. "kidnap capital"

Kidnappings cross border into U.S. cities
Drug trafficking, immigrant smuggling rings fuel violent trend

Phoenix had more than 340 such kidnappings reported last year, but police said the real number is much higher because many cases go unreported.

The San Diego area has also seen a rise in kidnappings over the past year, with two or three reported during busy weeks, and some victims were mixed up in drug smuggling. But the hostage-taking appears to be most prevalent in Phoenix, the nation's biggest base of operations for immigrant smugglers.

Kidnappings are common in Mexico, and the victims often include criminals as well as legitimate businessmen, such as bankers. Phoenix police said they believe the kidnappers here are not going after legitimate businessmen for fear their families will go to the police.

The kidnappings first came to light in Phoenix three years ago but are rising as overall violence associated with immigrant smuggling intensifies in Arizona.

May 1, 10 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
oe
rly.

And like this is the thing. Theres violence everywhere. But despite the most desperate efforts by immigration pricks to paint it this way, this simply is not a growing systemic problem of the sort you are describing. The things you are talking about are terrible, but they are part of a very specific kind of drug conspiracy that simply is not endemic to all migrants. People here painting fences and babysitting are not responsible for that. Im fully aware theres a horrendous drug war going on in mexico (fueled by us) and that in places it has spread (in the most mild way imaginable by comparison) across the border. But how in the fuck does rounding up day laborers do anything to stop that? Its like trying to stop fraud on wall street by just randomly rounding up guys walking around new york in business suits and charging them with securities fraud. Because, yknow, theyre all part of the same problem, right? It doesnt work that way. Theres an insidious kind of conflation going on here of the worst kind and I think the people of arizona know it.

May 2, 10 10:25 am  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

Hi people that don't like Mexicans,

Just wanted to remind you that Mexicans helped the Union defeat the Confederates.

Mexico defeated the French at the Battle of Puebla preventing them from aiding the Confederates, with troops and Weapons. The south less than a year later.

You all might know this day as Cindo de Mayo "may 5th".

Is it a big surprise that the Southern states hate Mexicans? only to those that don't read history.

Never mind that the USA had chopped Mexico in half by taking half of Mexico only about 10 years before the civil war, in the Mexican American War of 1848.

PS. even in that war Mexicans fought against Mexico. At the Alamo! can you believe it!

Mexicans have been in every war since the civil war. Always aiding uncle Sam.

And now while people that really do want to attack our country (USA), we attack our friends from south of the border.

May 2, 10 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

quick correction to a sentence:
The south lost less than a year later. (after May 5th battle)

May 2, 10 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

Ps. happy Cinco de Mayo

May 2, 10 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

Thanks for sending us more hate propaganda ms. paradoxx86, hows it going with your plan to dominate your office with your Victoria secrets looks?

May 2, 10 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

Hate propaganda? That is called LAW.Look it up in the dictionary.How are the trolling efforts going on in the "Anyone else feel like they stepped into a brothel instead of work?" thread? I see you're doing a nice job over there showing people how retarded you are.

May 2, 10 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

yes, i would expect a bimbo like you to get her education from propaganda blogs.

Ps. when are you going to send me your Victoria secrets calender picture?

May 2, 10 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

I don't wear Victoria's Secret.My main work attire consists of a jacket and pants with the jacket is buttoned at the front.(no cleavage) So..sorry to disappoint.

I wouldn't expect a retard like you to understand the blog anyway.

Zero...

May 2, 10 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

don't quit your day job, and become a political analyst you would probably be as good at it as you are in architecture.

May 2, 10 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

and i don't forgive you

May 2, 10 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

Why are some people seemingly equating illegal immigrants to Mexicans?

May 2, 10 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

"Most unauthorized migrants come from Mexico. There were 6.2 million
unauthorized migrants from Mexico in 2005, or 56% of the total, according to the CPS-based estimates. The Mexican-born population in the United States,including both legal and unauthorized migrants, has grown by about 500,000 people a
year for the past decade. Of the Mexican migrants in the U.S. less than 10 years, the Pew Hispanic Center estimates that approximately 80 to 85% are unauthorized.
About 2.5 million unauthorized migrants had come from the rest of Latin America in 2005, with most of those from Central America. Taken together, unauthorized migrants from Mexico and Latin America represented 78% of the unauthorized population in 2005. There were about 1.5 million unauthorized migrants from the Asian continent in 2005, representing about 13% of the total. Europe and Canada accounted for 600,000, or 6%, and Africa and other countries for about 400,000, or 3%."

Source: http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/61.pdf

May 2, 10 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

I understand everything has a basis. But I feel for the legal aliens and citizens who look Hispanic, or just look like an "alien" in General. I know, I know, it's clearly stated that this should not lead to racial profiling, but I can't help but have doubts about the system and the training these authorities would have to go through. Like someone has said, having a legal status here is not black and white, especially for someone whose petition is ongoing/in process.

May 2, 10 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

hi ms. paradobimbo,
congratulations you can read. why don't you just wait for the census numbers to come in.

if you actually believe Mexicans are going to overrun the nation you must be on something (illegal that is).

May 2, 10 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

in the 2000 census there were 200 Million Caucasian people vs. 20 Million Hispanics or Latinos.

how in the world do you think 20million beats 200million? these number are from 10 years ago, so we should wait and see the latest numbers tough.

PS. while your being a hatemonger against Mexicans a vehicle almost blew up in the middle of new york, idiot.

May 2, 10 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

The purpose of the law is not to harm the illegal aliens but to protect the citizens and legal aliens Caryatid.I know the practice part of the law will be kind of weird and complicated but I don't think the police will hunt random hispanics on the streets.They will only interfere if they see a suspicious activity or catch them doing something that violate laws such as speeding etc.

May 2, 10 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

correction to last:
You're being a hatemonger

May 2, 10 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

I don't hate Mexicans but I DO hate illegal aliens.Makes sense,zero?

May 2, 10 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

I'm just hoping any random Joe or Jane would be asked for some form of proof of identification/legal presence if caught doing something "suspicious". I'm hoping looks and color won't play a role just because random Joe or Jane "doesn't look alien".

May 2, 10 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

who was the bimbo that said the following? oh yes it was you Paradoxx86.

"They stole the lands of Mexicans? Sure they can give those lands back to Mexicans and let them have their own government.What would happen they would eff that up too since they are not capable of running an efficient government themselves......where else in the world you can get into a country illegally and get food,housing assistance and medicare? LOL."

now you a person who recently became a citizen is talking about Mexicans?

PS: I don't hate bimbos, just the ones that impersonate architects like you do.

May 2, 10 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

oh correction you are not a citizen yet. bimbo

May 2, 10 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

LiveLoad if you don't have anything intelligent to say or something that actually contributes to the topic here then just shut the fuck up and stop bullying people.All the people here have fed up with you.

I have green card,had my green card way before before coming here so that makes me a legal alien here.What the fuck is your problem you moron?

P.S. I'm not an architect.

May 2, 10 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

Legal immigrants, I would assume have a particular dislike toward illegal immigrants because they are all very aware of all the steps involved in legal immigration, though it is a bit taxing at the end of the day, it can be done. Anyone who has the the common sense AND the noblest of intentions (e.g wants to send money to poor family in homeland, improve life of family in a new place) would want to do things legally because your options are rather limited if you remain illegal - - in the long run you can't really "help" your family. It's more of a band-aid solution. However, there are those who are just uninformed and desperate - - hence they just do it illegally. I will not say all illegals have "noble" intentions - - I'm sure there are some who just want to take advantage of the system under the premise that America has it all.

How do you suppose the government solve this "problem" w/o the risk of racial profiling? I read a suggestion in another forum - - a national ID system that's biometric and contains vital information related to someone's status in the U.S...

May 2, 10 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

I agree that the national ID system is a good idea,also punishing the employers who hire illegal aliens would help solve the problem too.

May 2, 10 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
oe
I DO hate illegal aliens.

This is weird, isnt it? You HATE them? A whole class of people youve never met? Doesnt that seem a little strong?

Its like saying "I HATE coal miners, because their increased rate of lung disease is driving up my insurance costs."

May 2, 10 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

What does it matter if I met them personally or not? They are being a burden on the financial system,overcrowding places,not integrating in the society,bringing down the wages and most importantly breaking the LAW by entering without proper documentation.Now we live in a time we have to learn Spanish in order to get a job.We have to "press 2" for English.They come over here illegally,make anchor babies,refuse to integrate into the society or learn the official language yet demand to be respected or else we get called "racist".Let me tell you what I don't give a fuck if they are Mexicans,Russians or Asians.If you go to a country,you integrate into the culture,you speak their official language and pay the friggin taxes.Speak in whatever language you want at home but don't DEMAND me to speak in your language.

I'm tired of walking on eggshells not to offend anybody and you know what? I like wearing boots.

Stop acting out of emotions and educate yourselves,open your eyes and see where this country is going towards.

May 2, 10 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

Parad oxx,
you don't quite sound very lady like using all that profanity, no sir. As a matter of fact it shows a lack of intelligence.

You only recently became a legal alien, but that does not excuse you from having knowledge of this great melting pot that is the United States of America. And if you had any clue about the struggle that Mexicans and Blacks have had to put up with for generations, you should bow your head in shame walk away slowly, and hopefully smack your face into a light post. (that last bit was in improvisation, but it works).

If you do your homework you will know that Hate for any class, race, has a Zero Tolorence policy.

Please refraim from having a poo poo mouth. We are all educated here in Archinect.

PS. what the devil is a bloody person doing here who is not an architect? anyways

Have a Happy Cinco de Mayo!

May 2, 10 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

PS.
Mexicans as well as there cousins Native americans have been in this continent since the ICE AGE atleast you dumb as Legal Alien.

May 2, 10 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

I know what you mean, Paradoxx. There are WAYS to legalize your stay, no matter how unconventional it is, but there ARE ways. In a way, illegal immigration is immigration w/o thought. I don't take it against some of these people to want to improve their lives, but like I said, legal immigration is not a long term solution for their family's plights.

May 2, 10 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

so you like to wear boots huh does that go with the "no cleavage business suit" you were to the office?

May 2, 10 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
oe

I guess Id never thought of it that way... How could I have not noticed it? Youre absolutely right! Struggling over generations to learn a new language and culture, working themselves to death for some faint glimmer of opportunity and a better future for their children,.. their motivations are so different from my european grandparents! Oh the crushing oppression of "pressing 2"!

May 2, 10 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

Oe,

Your European ancestors, were committing genocide on this continent on a level that makes Hitler look like a very nice man, so if you have equated this into only a problem of pressing 2 you are as smart as Paradoxx.

PS. what makes you think i dont have European blood either. idiots.

May 2, 10 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

So the fact that they have very difficult living conditions in their countries is a valid excuse for them to enter the country illegally.Hmm I don't understand the logic behind that.Oh wait! I remembered..you don't have A logic cell in your brain (if you have a brain that is)

May 2, 10 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

hi ms. paradoxx,
You should go get an MRI, because after coming up with that doozy, A brain Tumor might have formed.
Stop taxing your brain capacity.

May 2, 10 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

PS. Mexicans along with Native Americans were living on this continect for an estimated 13 thousand years. Thats right Ms parad oxx, say it slowly so it can sink into your brain Thirteeeen Thouuusand Years. No other Legal Immigrant group can claim this.

seriously you keep this up and ill have you ready to take the citizenship exam in no time class is out for now.

May 2, 10 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

spelling correction to Continent

as in the Ameriican Conntinent say it slowly paradoxx

May 2, 10 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

Oe,
Sorry for Comparing your intelligence to that of ms. boot wearing Paradoxx, i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

May 2, 10 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
oe

Yeaa. the sarcasm. Its a crutch.

May 2, 10 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

That was the past.Say it with me slowly P-A-S-T.The "who was here first" is not a meaningful debate but if you think like that (a part of)Mexico should be returned back to Mayans,the Mixtecs etc. and Istanbul back to Greeks etc.. But it doesn't work like that does it?

Besides Native Americans didn't the concept of ownership.You hear that argument by the Mexicans who cross the border illegally out of desperation "but they stole the lands from blah blah"..

Almost all the countries invaded other countries or lands at some point in history.Does that mean we should all wage war upon them and get the invaded lands back?

May 3, 10 12:06 am  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

Just two examples of how smart ms "recently legal- not an architect Parad oxx86 is:

"The "who was here first is not a meaningful debate"

"Besides Native Americans didn't the concept of ownership."

May 3, 10 12:14 am  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

parad oxx now that you are here legally perhaps you would like to join groups that require your expertise in stupidity.

try the : kkk, republican party, or just about any group that does not like the fact that people are alive.

May 3, 10 12:17 am  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

you are so Naive,
just because you are here as a legal alien you think you will be accepted. How could you possibly understand the history of this continent and its people your fresh off the boat.

May 3, 10 12:28 am  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

Here is another name that we have for people like you in the USA.

"Uncle Tom" thats what you are

May 3, 10 12:36 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

"... where this country is going towards."

What? My ancestors have lived here for nearly 200 years.

And my ancestors lived in their previous land for nearly 1800 years.... in the same place!

You're fresh here. Real Fresh.

May 3, 10 12:43 am  · 
 · 
c.k.

(you can't educate bigots with facts, that's what's eroding this country much more than illegal immigration)

Myth #1: Undocumented immigrants come to the United States to get welfare.

Undocumented immigrants are ineligible for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits

Myth #2: Undocumented immigrants all crossed the Mexican border.

Between 60 and 75 percent of the more than 10 million undocumented immigrants entered illegally and without inspection—mostly across the Mexican border. The other 25 to 40 percent entered legally and subsequently overstayed visas or otherwise violated the terms of their admission

Myth #3: Undocumented immigrants do not pay taxes.

Undocumented immigrants pay the same real estate taxes—whether they own homes or taxes are passed through to rents—and the same sales and other consumption taxes as everyone else. The majority of state and local costs of schooling and other services are funded by these taxes. Additionally, the U.S. Social Security Administration has estimated that three quarters of undocumented immigrants pay payroll taxes, and that they contribute $6-7 billion in Social Security funds that they will be unable to claim

May 3, 10 12:47 am  · 
 · 
Paradox

"just because you are here as a legal alien you think you will be accepted."

Uhmm...I'm ALREADY accepted.."Fresh" or not..lol

May 3, 10 12:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: