Archinect
anchor

iPad and Architecture

TheRevitKid

you mix eggs with your coffee o_O ?!

Apr 27, 10 4:08 am  · 
 · 

i for one can't wait till multi-touch interfaces get their killer design app. i would love to be able to use my fingers to twirl around a model in rhino, or sculpt some forms in zbrush on a tablet....

or even better, learn processing and start building up custom design interfaces.......

Apr 27, 10 4:10 am  · 
 · 
TheRevitKid

Yeah there are some tiny apps but nothing worth while. I have to give autodesk credit for sketchbook pro though... With a simple little Pogo stylus it is absolutely great. I think they should also think about making programs such as PhotoModeler for the iPad and multitouch.

You don't drunken coffee and eat eggs at the same time? I thought coffee was more important to an architect than water?

Apr 27, 10 9:02 am  · 
 · 
TIQM

I think the iPad may be the best mobile marketing, photo-portfolio display platform ever. Taking it to a client interview, and showing beautiful photos of your work on iPad would be impressive.

Apr 27, 10 9:52 am  · 
 · 
architerp

That's true EKE. I see it as a tool for small scale interviews - 1 on 1. It's light, compact, and vibrant. It's a great tool for the thought process, especially with sketchbook pro as RevitKid showed us. It beats lugging around rolls of trace and a fistful of markers.

However, I don't see it being a pure production tool yet. Mainly because of the screen size would inhibit the interface of programs like auotcad and revit.

I'm waiting for my 30"x 42" multitouch hi-res drafting table. Get on it, Apple.

Apr 27, 10 11:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: