Archinect
anchor

CROP MARKS?

crgixxer

Ok silly question that has been nagging me.

I am creating a small saddle stitch booklet from indesign. I'm printing an 8x8 saddle stitch booklet centered on a 11x17 sheet

I print with the crop marks cause I need to know where to cut obviously, but once I make that first cut, I lose the marks in the other direction.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? If I was printing them professionally, what would their process be to cut it?

I typically have been dragging a light pencil line across the sheet so i still have some reference once I make the first cut.(which is hella time consuming and sloppy). I tried not cutting to the edge of the paper, but that gets a bit jiggy too.

Any advice?

Apr 23, 10 1:47 pm
el jeffe

don't cut all the way across, thus preserving the perpendicular crop marks.
paypal, visa or mastercard accepted.

Apr 23, 10 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
LML

I've been wondering something about that too: the method above works for hand trimming, but how does it work when they use the big slicers at the print shop?

Apr 23, 10 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

If the first cut is completely perpendicular... all other cuts will be straight if one is using the guide built into a cutter.

Often times in print shops, they use a variety of automated cutters. In reality, only one crop mark is necessary if the machine accepts some sort size input.

Typically though, you would start cuts from opposite corners.

Apr 23, 10 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: