Archinect
anchor

Dolla dolla billz y'all (new $100 bill thread)

Distant Unicorn
http://archinect.com/news/article.php?id=97858_0_24_0_C

Everyone see this? Anyone else think it is HIDEOUS?

I think we should all submit our own designs, commentary and "visual responses" as a sort of petition to the treasury department. I certainly want to take a stab at designing my own version of the $100.

Size is 6.14 × 2.61 in ≅ 156 × 66 mm.
Obvious must have features: Benjamin Franklin, Independence Hall (clock should have the roman numeral 'IV' instead of IIII that's on Independence Hall's clockface), Serial Numbers, Two seals (Department of Treasury, Federal Reserve), Signatures (Treasurer, Secretary), Amount, U.S.A.

Other considerations: The new embedded holograms, microprint, ghosted images, complex (possibly parametrically designed) patterns and other insignia common to American currency.

That is if anyone wants to take a stab at it.

Apr 21, 10 11:09 pm

needs one of these:

[img]http://www.onthebreaknews.com/cuepen/NewStar.gif[img]

or maybe it has one, and we just can't see the hologram. O_O

Apr 22, 10 3:51 am  · 
 · 

Oh man. Don't get me wrong, I love Ben Franklin as much as the next person, but why can't our money be beautiful like the Euros? Look at all those buildings and bridges!

Apr 22, 10 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Emily,
I hate Euros...I love the colors and the design but the sizes just kill me....I want them all to be one size so they can all fit in my wallet nicely. Plus you have to get a different wallet if you go to Europe to fit those over-sized bills.

I actually don't mind the new $100 bill. Who cares what they look like, as long as I have plenty of them, and they are worth something...I don't give a shit! That is the last thing I'm going to worry and bitch about!

Apr 22, 10 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
digger

poop ... what's wrong with you ... you can't post here unless you complain bitterly and verbosely about each and every meaningless bit of trivia that comes along. Oh, and you have to link every complaint to the AIA, NCARB and NAAB, as the primary sources of your displeasure ... it's a rule!

Apr 22, 10 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

ha! digger, made me laugh on this messed up day...

Apr 22, 10 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
ihearthepavilion

When I lived in Italy, I hated the different sized bills as well. A year or so after I returned to the US I was listening to NPR and it was about how difficult it is in this country for a blind person to know what bills they have and if they are being given the correct change. They referenced the Euro as being blind friendly. Changed my perspective.

Apr 22, 10 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Techno color f*ck fantasy money, larger size

Oh, I can dream.

Apr 22, 10 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Apr 22, 10 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Apr 22, 10 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I am liking the last one.

Apr 23, 10 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Apr 23, 10 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
NathanM

In an effort to defeat the counterfeiters, the U.S Treasury and Federal Reserve decided to redesigned the 100 dollar bill. Hopefully with the new security features, counterfeiters could have a bit a lot more difficulty copying this one. My question I have is how does the government plan on stopping the circulation of the $100 bills already out there? There's still $100 bills passing through my hands from 4 designs ago, so just what is to stop the counterfeiters from continuing to make the older version anyway, at least until they figure out how to make the new one.

Apr 24, 10 6:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: