Archinect
anchor

ST LOUIS BOUND INCOME METHOD QUESTIONS

danwkim

i am leaning to attending washu in st louis, but was told that being a student is a full time job in itself, and discouraged to take on a job during my first year. this raises questions to how to make an income to pay rent, supplies, and some of the tuition. any current students have any suggestions? any good advice for work over the summers?

also any suggestions for housing would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 20, 10 4:12 pm
db

STL is very livable and cheap. Find a roommate (or 2) and take out a small loan to cover the costs.

Close to campus and north of Delmar is affordable (just don't go TOO far north)

There may also be student housing available, as WashU owns numerous apartments in the area.

Apr 21, 10 1:23 am  · 
 · 
AP

While working outside of school during the semester isn't advisable, there are opportunities to work within the school as a TA for grad and undergrad courses, and for undergraduate studios. There are also work study positions for students in the libraries, computer labs and fabrication shops. I am able to cover my rent with the money I make as a TA.

Of course you can work full time over the summer if you're not enrolled in any summer classes.

And yes, cost of living is very inexpensive in St. Louis.

Apr 22, 10 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: