Archinect
anchor

Online Construction Degree????

chemitas

I am currently enrolled at the University of Southern Mississippi for a bachelors degree in construction engineering technology. The upper level courses are all offered through DISTANCE LEARNING/ONLINE. The degree is accredited ACCE and TAC/ABET making it the only dually accredited construction degree. My general courses will be taken at a local community college. What kind of scares me is that I am out of state and worried if it will hurt my resume showing that the degree is from another state I have never been to. I do have a construction and architectural drafting background. How will employers view my distance degree? Construction professionals seem to be a little more old fashioned and I am afraid it might hurt me. What are your thoughts on my situation? Is this a good idea considering I have a related background?

Mar 22, 10 8:48 pm
poop876

from what you wrote, these courses are offered through USM, right? So your degree will read USM as well, it will not say you did it online.

I know many people that went to a community college for their general required courses, like calculus or physics then they transferred those courses to the University of their choice, if it was possible, and their final degree will be from the University and not from the community college.

If you are skeptical about the issue, contact your university and ask about the details.

Mar 22, 10 10:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: