Archinect
anchor

Architecture Jobs

natashagunaratna

Hey guys so I'm one semester away from finishing my undergrad archi. degree in Perth, Australia-Im planning to apply for masters in the UK
And I really want to gain work experience there/work for at least a year or two if I can but do you think there are good oppurtunities at the moment ;probably away from london or even in london?

There are lot of opportunities in australia too but perth at the moment is quite backwards, i am more into experimental design, sustainable design, futuristic ,etc.
I have a strong portfolio and I'm very determined; and I plan to apply to top schools in UK for architecture; ie kent, bartlett, and oxford brooks-they have a very distinguished archi. faculty unlike that of australia

kind regards,

NG

Feb 26, 14 3:12 am
Volunteer

"Perth is quite backwards"....."they have a very distinguished architectural faculty unlike that of Australia". Been to Perth, loved it. And Sydney has the only building on earth that defines an entire continent. And you want to go to the UK? Whatever.

Feb 26, 14 9:38 am  · 
 · 
natashagunaratna

when I mentioned 'they have a very distinguished faculty unlike that of australia' I mean specific to the type of research and experimental design that I want to work in
You obviously cant read, and took my comment out of context, so I dont even know why a bigot as you would answer in the first place :) your just wasting your own time

Feb 26, 14 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Perhaps you could stay in Australia and elevate the discourse in the classroom there. On the other hand I am quite sure some of your current professors will be more than happy to drive you to the airport and wish you a pleasant trip to the UK. One way.

Feb 26, 14 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
SiameseDream

The OP, do yourself a favor by coming down to Melb and having a look at what is going on there with arch scene / rmit/ UniMelb etc.

The grass is always greener I suppose. London is a great place to study architecture but if it's not  AA or UCL , why pay more?

Feb 26, 14 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
natashagunaratna

the archi. scene is mel is great-ive been there but recently I've had friends who have lost jobs there and are all move to perth; Im applying to UCL definitely 
RMIT is total game on, but I'm worried about getting a job there cz the job market in mel,sydney and brisbane is very low
Perth is getting a lot of people moving in to get work there
But then again there are not that many archi. graduates in Perth; they do their undergrad but only 15-20/30 masters grads

Feb 27, 14 12:44 am  · 
 · 
Aristotle

you'll struggle to find a job here, I'm afraid. You'll get on to the masters course fine, because they want your tuition fee, but getting a job is highly competitive.

Feb 27, 14 7:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: