Archinect
anchor

Does working holiday visa count as a valid EU working permit?

Derrickinskp

Dear all,

Hello, I've been working in an architecture firm after fresh out of uni about a year ago. I studied in South Korea, and during  the 5 years of BA program, I had a chance to go to UK for the exchange program. While Studying/ writing dissertation about gentrification and some other issues regarding architecture-built urban environment, I felt like I've gained some insight of how architecture should exist in the society. With other many personal reasons as well as the academic one I mentioned before, I've always wanted to go back to Europe (preferably UK but just anywhere allowed) to continue my life working/studying.

Although studying Master's degree is one of my bucket list to achieve in 3 years of time, since I don't have affluent background, I can't just afford to continue studying abroad like other fellow Asian architecture students. 

Now, I do realize that the job market out there is not improving, and companies don't care to hire someone without EU working permit. However, I've also heard  that Germany is doing ok, especially in Munich. 

So.. my questions is.. would 'working holiday visa' get me a chance to be hired  or at least be able to work as an intern? Will they think the working holiday visa as a valid working permit?

If so, what approach should I take? My plan is to send cv and work sample/portfolio few month before the departure, and then email them again to ask if they're recruiting... I wonder if that'll work.. but I'm not very hopeful.. 

Please share your insight with me. I'll appreciate any comments and advice. Thanks guys. :)

Feb 26, 14 1:56 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: