Archinect
anchor

Do you need ventilators in the brick wall if you have MVHR?

Marmite

Do you need ventilators in the brick wall if you have MVHR?

ventilators would compromise thermal efficiency, so if there was MVHR, would that take care of stale air and would that deal with 'condensation' issues too?

Feb 17, 14 1:49 pm
Marmite

I don't know why I'm asking on archinect, it's got an american bias. America doesn't really use brick except maybe for the east coast.

Feb 17, 14 2:01 pm  · 
 · 

We're going to need ventilators here because we're laughing so hard at you posts. 

Feb 17, 14 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Marmite

@Miles Jaffe

Yes, for one who can't tell the difference between brick cladding and limestone, look who looks dumb

Feb 17, 14 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
Marmite

@ @Miles Jaffe And you designs are mediocre average. Your confidence is unjustified.

Feb 17, 14 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Boy, that sure stings, criticism from some anonymous moron on the internet.

Let's see your work. Assuming of course that you have any. LOL 

Feb 17, 14 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
Marmite

lol yeh, you're too old to be bullying on forums like you rule the joint, where people are entitled to ask questions, I've read a lot of your comments, you're a bit of a wise guy show-off.

We're all architects on here, educated to post-graduate level. In real life, I've never come across people from my own profession who talk to other people like the way you do. Mate.

Feb 17, 14 7:21 pm  · 
 · 

I've never come across people from my own profession who talk to other people like the way you do. Mate.

And you designs are mediocre average. 

Thanks for the productive crit! LOL. Still waiting to see some of your work. Put up or shut up, mate.

Feb 17, 14 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
gruen

what the heck does  MVHR have to do with a brick wall per-se?

and, we use brick throughout the united states. 

If you have a brick cavity wall, you should know what you do with it. Are you planning on mechanically ventilating the cavity? I hear this is the new rainscreen. If you are going to mechanically pump air through it, then you need to let that air in somewhere. 

Maybe you should ask someone in your firm who has a bit more experience, and is local to you. 

Feb 17, 14 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: