Archinect
anchor

upgrade to CS3 even after CS4 is out?

atsama

Anyone know if it is still possible to upgrade from Adobe CS2 (the whole suite) to CS3.....even though CS4 is already out? Adobe pulls all CS3 merch even from resellers once their next version is out....right?

(i'm not talking about installing someone else's software...I'm talking legal purchase/upgrade)

Thanks

Oct 19, 09 12:00 pm
trace™

Why not just go to CS4? Nicer and faster.

Perssonally, I'd wait until CS5, although I did just upgrade to CS4 from CS4. Didn't cost too much, surprisingly.

Oct 19, 09 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Why not just go to CS4? Nicer and faster.

Perssonally, I'd wait until CS5, although I did just upgrade to CS4 from CS4. Didn't cost too much, surprisingly.

Oct 19, 09 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
outed

no, your're correct about adobe's practices.

also, be aware that they won't upgrade new software past 2 releases, meaning once cs5 hits, you'll have to have at least cs3 to purchase the upgrade copy.

yes, adobe is right up there with autodesk on my favorites list...

Oct 19, 09 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
atsama

outed, i didnt realize taht! i saw that they just unveiled "tiered pricing" which is super annoying. so now, if i dont go to CS4...i'll be screwed if i ever want to go upgrade again....and i'll have to purchase the whole new thing. [sigh]. looks like i'll spring for CS4. i feel like am in one of those PC vs Mac commercials - just bought a new PC laptop, so now i can use that extra cash i "saved" to pay Adobe!

Oct 20, 09 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
RealLifeLEED

<<<<< still happy with PSv7

Oct 20, 09 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
atsama

yeah i was too. this is all for InDesign....if i was allowed to upgrade from a Suite to an individual component...i would do that! but what did i know when it was my last day of grad school and i ran to use my expiring student idea to get the then-brand new CS at that 'cheap' student rate.....

Oct 21, 09 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: