Archinect
anchor

Cheap carpet

mdler

I need to find a nice, cheap carpet to use in a high school. Any suggestions. Also, does anyone know the name of the type of carpet that looks like wire-haired terrier fir (Interface Flor sells carpet squares of this material)???

Thanks

Oct 21, 04 9:28 pm
R.A. Rudolph

If it's for a high school, I wouldn't go with something that's not a name brand commercial carpet - it won't last. Last place I worked we did mostly schools & almost always used the same carpet - of course I can't remeber the name, might have been one of the Interface companies. Anyways, ususally the school districts have a standard they prefer, so they can buy in bulk. I would find out before going further. They also often want something that can be "quick-shipped" so the contractor (who inevitably sucks because they are the lowest bidder) can't claim the delay is holding up the project, as well as the self-sticking kind rather than the ones that require glue because they take less time to install. That one Interface carpet you are referring to is unique - at least I've never seen anything else like it and I've looked at a lot of commercial carpet.

Oct 21, 04 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I have seen the product used in atheletic facilities. I thought that it was pig fur...

Oct 21, 04 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

Flor and Super-Flor. One is synthetic and the other is animal hair. Got some in my house. great stuff.

Oct 22, 04 11:50 am  · 
 · 
Organic9

It sounds as if you are discribing an 'Olifin' fiber product, which is used in Indoor/Outdoor carpeting products. I have seen it used in commercial carpet tiles as well and some inexpensive commercial grade carpets.

Oct 25, 04 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

Hugatile?
Mdler, are you in LA already?

Oct 25, 04 2:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: