Archinect
anchor

Refocusing a Portfolio

DSal

I've been out of graduate school for about 3 years now with 2.5 more of experience between undergrad and grad. I am hoping to solicit advice and experiences on how to focus a resume and portfolio to account for all the non-production experience that one gains about the time of the 5 year mark.

I have been working for a large firm since graduation, most of that time being spent on a very large project that underwent a number of iterations, then eventually died out, so there is not comprehensive story to tell. During that time, and the year or so afterwards, I have gained a lot of PM experience as well as overall team leader/ senior designer experience during which I was not the actual one "producing" a lot of the work that was created (ie: renderings, diagram, etc) but directing the design work.

How do you convey the non-visual experience given that I'm stuck in the periord of being (in the eyes of many firms) in between the intermediate (1-5 yrs) and the senior/associate level (6-7+)? I hope this is somewhat clear. I can clarify as necessary.

Thanks.

Sep 23, 09 1:57 pm
tagalong

you can still show the renderings, diagrams, etc., just give it a little, "Rendering by: Person X"

The images & drawings should just be a basis for the reader to understand the context for which you will talk about all of that PM experience, leadership, & senior design experience.

Sep 24, 09 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: