Archinect
anchor

I <3 Models

Ben8910

Hey guys, 

I've been doing some research on this, but can't seem to find much so I figured I'd try and get some information from a reliable source.

So I'm graduating with my BS ARCH degree in May and am currently finishing up my portfolio and looking for a job. 

In my experience through Architecture school, I have found that my favorite part of the design process is physical model building. I love working with my hands and being able to create something real out of nothing. Woodworking also peaks my interest and I have completed a few projects in that category, but haven't gotten seriously into it. 

My questions is, are there any specific types of jobs that I could potentially look into that mostly involve model building? Either for an architecture firm, a studio that specifically makes models for other companies, entering into the film industry making miniature set models, or finding some sort of carpentry apprenticeship. Really, I just have no idea where to look for entry level positions in this area. 

Any information on where to start, etc will be very appreciated. 

Jan 19, 14 7:35 pm
gruen
Big firms have full time model makers. It is a cool job but pay isn't so good. Therefore your future is in a big city, big firm.
Jan 19, 14 9:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: