Archinect
anchor

What to include in your Professional Architectural Portfolio

Gaby.E

Hi guys,
I hve been wondering about this question about the portfolio of work for a long time!

I have been emailing couple of samples of my work to hiring firms. The samples I 've been sending where done in my last job. But let's say not all the work is mine because I worked within a team and there is the case where I worked on detail designed or architectural drawings and the main visuals where done by professional visualisers.

Then is correct for me to add those visuals even if I havent done them?
I have being puting them in the cover of each sample of work I have been sending to but I am still afraid that the firms will get the feeling by the obvious quality of the visuals, that I havent done them therefore I will lack credibility?.
Lets put clear that in my CV and cover letter I am not mentioning any work on the visuals, i am only summarizing my given responsabilities.

Probably this is very well know for many of you but I would appreciate somebody to give me an advice of what to send and what not to send to companies.

Aug 25, 09 6:11 pm

The Professional Portfolio will be the next installment in our Portfolio Guide series. Coming as early as next week, following the fist part on the Academic Portfolio.

Aug 25, 09 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
Gaby.E

Thank Paul, I will be waiting for your post!
I really need some guidance regarding professional portfolios of works, dos and donts and son on!

Aug 26, 09 4:47 am  · 
 · 
outthere

Gaby ... I think that is fine ...My Professional portfolio has renderings that I did not do in it but I cleary state my responsibilities on one of the first pages ..i also state in the portfolio that "images courtesy of XXXX firm" ..keep it short a sweet.. if its a sample port then send them a couple of pages of ONE project that includes description, phases (that you worked on), images(renderings or built), CD's (non typical details), etc. Then when you land the interview show more details of that one project and do the same for any other project you worked on.

i think this is what landed me a couple of interviews and a job during these bad times

Aug 26, 09 7:56 am  · 
 · 
Gaby.E

Thanks for the advice outthere.
Lets hope this one will land me a job and as soon as because I m getting mad at home!!!!
Cheers

Aug 26, 09 11:02 am  · 
 · 

Gaby - I recommend you also check out this feature:
The Architecture Job Application; Hints & Suggestions from Employers

Aug 26, 09 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: