Archinect
anchor

Rio de Janeiro

postal

Heading to Rio for the honeymoon...

any tips on buildings to see? may make it over to Sao Paolo too...

Jul 1, 09 11:06 am
living a life in america

Visit the Gustavo Capanema Palace and the Contemporary Art Museum in Niteroi. However, stay away from the favelas.

Jul 1, 09 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

When are you going? I can give you some tips. Heck I might even find you a guide, my 18 year old niece can get you anywhere in the city via cab and be sure your not being taken for a ride. She speaks very good english. I will also post some sites which are worth visiting.

Jul 1, 09 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

Lina Bo Bardi.

Jul 1, 09 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
maxpower

^^^^^

this. but there are more beautiful things in brazil than buildings

Jul 2, 09 12:22 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

maxpower...ya my neice is one of them....

Jul 2, 09 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

there was a discussion some time ago on tours of the favela. something about that just seems really wrong.

and max is right - skip the architecture! enjoy the batucada! soak in the sun and skin!

Jul 2, 09 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
Adriana Pellegrini

Well... in Rio you can visit Contemporary Art Museum in Niteroi, it is amazing... Because of the building and even more because of the surrounding!!!!!!!!!!!

In Sao Paolo you have heaps of interesting buildings to see! Like MASP, from Lina Bo Bardi; MUBE, from Paulo Mendes da Rocha; in the Ibirapuera Park you can see buildings from Oscar Niemeyer... lots and lots of things to see in Sao Paolo!

But don't forget to enjoy the sun, the caipirinha and our samba! Walk in the beach, there's no city more beautiful than Rio.............. Breathtaking!

Jul 3, 09 12:55 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

you might even get lucky and see some of the work by Jose Zanine Caldas.....more commonly known as Zannine.

Jul 3, 09 8:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: