Archinect
anchor

Portuguese architecture

Resende

What or who comes to your mind when you hear of portuguese architecture? as a portguese "to be" architect I would like to hear, just to have some notion... Thks

Oct 17, 04 9:23 am
lifeform

and then there was one:

alvaro 'the godfather' siza viera

Oct 17, 04 10:39 am  · 
 · 
rayray

this is a periodical, not portugal centric, but founded and run by two young
portuguese architects - not sure that it relates to your question, but it was the
first thing to jump into my mind....they're great people, support them by checking it out.

http://www.prototypo.com

Oct 17, 04 11:04 am  · 
 · 
Resende

I just checked that out. it's great, i know the refered portuguese architects but i didn't know the two runnig architects. Thks

Oct 17, 04 11:08 am  · 
 · 
xcconstruções's comment has been hidden
xcconstruções

If anyone needs support for construction in Portugal, my company is available to collaborate!

Best Regards!

[email protected]

Mar 6, 17 6:57 am  · 
 · 
Chuck71

Unfortunately I'm involved in a project that has a nearly full Portuguese design team.

Other than the structural engineer, I'd replace the Architect and MEP consultants in an instant.

Endless excuses as to failure to perform; endless requests that they must be instructed; a rigid need for everything to be "agreed" before anything will be done, and then only after some other preconditions have been met; a frequent need to explain in depth design problems followed by stupid answers anyway; a constant need to refer to anything (or anyone) in the past that serves as a reason for failure that isn't of course their fault....I really don't get it, i've never met a group less professional in my life.

But maybe that is just those from Porto, who the Lisbon based guys tell me that (given a choice) they wouldn't work with either?

Lisbon Architects etc. might be better.

Mar 6, 17 9:29 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Lisbon is a beautiful city.

Mar 6, 17 9:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: