Archinect
anchor

Simon Ungers

aldorossi

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has seen the "Silent Architecture" exhibit of Simon Ungers in San Francisco MOMA. I found it an interesting contrast with the Meyers exhibit in the next room.

Jun 8, 09 4:34 pm
Murrye

I thought it was very, very cool. I wasn't that familiar with Ungers' work until this exhibition, but now I'm a fan. I also really liked the William Kentridge exhibit that was going on at the same time. Have you seen the roof garden? I was there for the AIA Convention and just missed it!

Jun 10, 09 10:49 am  · 
 · 
aldorossi

Just missed the Kentridge exhibit. (Was there after the 31st) The Roof Garden is quite nice; from the outside the skewed wall up at the top of the building from the side street on the north looks a little out of place, but only an architect would really notice that.

The Robert Frank exhibit was really good.

Simon Ungers taught at Syracuse when I was an undergrad there (which dates me); in the current design world I find his formal rigor refreshing...

Jun 11, 09 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

RIP simon, you showed great promise.

Jun 11, 09 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: