Archinect
anchor

LEED v2009 or v4

ark1t3kt

I have a project in schematic design and the client wants to have it LEED certified. The design and construction will take place in 2014.

Has LEED for New Construction v4 been implemented yet? Or should I still follow v2009?

The USGBC website is unclear as it still seems to reference v2009, however it also states that v4 has been accepted.

Anyone with recent experience they would like to share? Thanks!!

Dec 20, 13 3:59 pm
gruen
Yes v4 is implemented.
Dec 20, 13 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

have you considered recommending green globe?  they seem a bit more flexible.

you can still register for 2009 until june 1, 2015 i think

i went through the 'register project,' and i don't think i can start a leed v4 project yet.

Dec 20, 13 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
ark1t3kt

@curtkram I just did the same thing, and the only option was for v2009. I briefly looked into Green Globes / Green Building Initiative, however it does not seem that much different / better / easier. Their selling point is that there are no prerequisites and it's based on ANSI & ASHRAE.

Does anyone have a good resource summary or comparison chart that I can look at for GG / GBI? I would not mind presenting or pursuing an alternate to LEED.

Dec 20, 13 4:52 pm  · 
 · 

Here is some info on LEED v4:
http://www.usgbc.org/leed/v4

Gang Chen, Author, AIA, LEED AP BD+C

Dec 20, 13 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

^--- forgot to put my bd+c above. . . .

Dec 20, 13 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
ark1t3kt

This is the response that I received from USGBC:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

LEED v4 is the lastest version of the LEED Rating System. LEED v4 is now open to registration for project teams who would like to ceritfy under the latest LEED Rating System."

When I logged into leedonline.com, there was not option for v4, so maybe starting Jan 1st?

Dec 26, 13 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
mces

use this one for v4:

usgbc.org/leedonline

You can use your older login information. 

Regarding the version, you can still use older version (v3). The newer version will be more stringent.

Dec 26, 13 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i just talked to them this morning because i couldn't get their pieces of shit forms to show up on my computer.

leedv4 is now at https://www.usgbc.org/leedonline.new/ instead of leedonline, and v4 will work with firefox or chrome and windows 7 with x64 processors.  allegedly.

leed v3 does not.  i installed a virtual machine on my computer with windows xp, and internet explorer 8, to get their form onto my computer.  my computer is now a gaping hole of insecurity and obsolete decade+ old shite.  it is quite sad.

me, bd+c

Dec 26, 13 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
ark1t3kt

Does anyone know how much longer will v3 (aka v2009) be valid for? I've heard that June of 2015 is the cutoff...

Dec 27, 13 8:50 am  · 
 · 
ark1t3kt

FYI...

According to an official posted response on the "Help Center" section of the USGBC website, "LEED 2009 will be open for registration until June 1, 2015."

Thanks to all for your responses and comments!

Dec 27, 13 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: