Archinect
anchor

So I just hiked 20km up a mtn and back at dusk to take pics of a building.

misterTT

In the words of Eric Cartman, "Who wants to f%&*in touch me?!?!?!?!?

It was so worth it. Not another human being for miles, light fading quickly, thunderstorms moving in over the alps. Good times. My feet are sore.

Thanks Mario!

May 27, 09 2:35 pm
LucasGray

Mario Botta makes some fantastic buildings. I think he is overlooked when discussing great architects. His smaller scale buildings in particular are wonderful.

May 27, 09 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

anymore pics?

May 27, 09 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
misterTT

i've got to pack for my flight home, but will upload more when packing has concluded.

May 27, 09 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
misterTT

some other random architecture shots (among hundreds of others!)

more of the Santa Maria degli Angeli Monte Tamaro, by Botta

Obligatory shot of Botta's church in Mogno (nowhere near as good I would say)

More interesting: the historic village of Fusio, which seems to have been singlehandedly renovated and modernized by Giovan Luigi Dazio (http://www.gld-dazio.ch/). The work itself is pretty good, nice detailing, lots of fun modern moments of glass and steel and concrete among these very old buildings, as well as a number of new 'rusticos' that he has built. Not my kind of work, but impressive to see one architect with dozens of little projects in one village.

May 27, 09 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
stefjam

gorgeous! thanks for sharing.

May 27, 09 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

The alps are amazing. Stunning landscape dotted with historic towns and some wonderful contemporary buildings. I can't wait to go there again this summer.

May 28, 09 11:57 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

WOW. Well done, sir! Absolutely stunning....

May 28, 09 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
wrecking ball

fusio is an awesome little town, highly recommend. i wish i remember the name of the b and b i stayed at there....

May 28, 09 4:06 pm  · 
 · 

ffffing sweet.
And you are featured on Spaceinvading.com

May 28, 09 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
blah

What's the wall construction? expansion joints?

grouted cmu with horizontal and vertical steel?

May 29, 09 1:51 am  · 
 · 
lesro

impressive architecture, hiking, and alps.

May 29, 09 2:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: