Archinect
anchor

yale grad housing 2009

eddiephicks

so i'll be moving up to new haven in the fall and am currently looking for housing

i found several studio/1 bedrooms near the school but they seem pricey. any current/former students have suggestions or comments?

anyone interested in finding a 2-3 bedroom apt? any current students looking for a roommate? drop me an email or leave a comment and lets get in touch. thanks.

May 13, 09 11:17 pm
freezingtimbers

ahhh yes. I need housing.

My plan is to sublet a place for the summer session and find something while I am up there.

Let me know if you are interested...

May 15, 09 1:10 am  · 
 · 
panzanator

sorry not interested in a room, but if you havnt tried pepes pizza yet up there your in for a life changing experience....

May 15, 09 1:31 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

There is a lot of low rentals in New Haven long as your packin!

May 15, 09 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
mistenfilston

im looking for a spot now, have you found a place yet?my plan was to sublet until i get there, but all the good places seem to have been taken.

hit me back.

..m.

Jun 15, 09 11:31 am  · 
 · 
rabbits

New Haven is expensive. Without a roomate/partner.etc, expect to pay between $7-900/mo for a studio or one bedroom within 2 blocks of campus. Living farther out will save you money, but you will have to deal with either unsafe conditions or annoying commutes, neither of which are productive. On the upside, you will generally be coming home so late the most criminals are already asleep. There is a shuttle service, but I've never used it.

In fact, I've never really had a problem living in NH; true, some was gunned down right in front of my apartment in broad daylight, but it was drug related. No problem. ha. I'd suggest looking at the buildings along howe between dixwell and chapel. Most arch students live in these, they are the unofficial art and architecture dorms. Just suck it up and borrow/beg your family for some more money and get a place close to campus.

-asr

Jun 29, 09 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
jojodancer

taft

Jun 29, 09 6:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: