Archinect
anchor

Get Your Kicks.....

SpoonMe

While the original Route 66 from Chicago to Albuquerque was replaced by The Interstate Highway System, Which we will be taking, I am interested in seeing some things while we make that RoadTrip in May.
If anyone has any recommendations / must-see destinations, or alternate routes, please do share. Thanks In Advance....

Apr 20, 09 5:31 pm
Living in Gin

Based on the map above, it looks like you'd be swinging through Sedona, Arizona or at least pretty close to it. Sedona is very much worth a visit.

Apr 20, 09 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

This has been covered here, but I'm too pressed for time to link, and it is good to hear other new suggestions anyway.

My first advice: don't waste a single mile on Interstate highways. Pledge to take only state or county roads. My drives on virtually empty two-lane roads across Nebraska and Kansas are some of my favorite road trip experiences.

Craters of the Moon National Monument in Idaho is well worth the trip.

Apr 20, 09 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
SpoonMe

LIG, Thanks...no, the map is just a diagram of the entire route I posted - we are only doing the east half. A few Years Ago we did the Albuquerque to L.A. Leg, taking the interstate and jumping-off along the way to visit some historical Route 66 Sites, which the Interstate parallels pretty much all the way...it was a great trip. Now we are going to do the Chi-ABQ leg (I know, it's all backwards) So it sounds like it's better to take the More Northern route opposed to thru Missouri, Tulsa, Amarillo, etc....
This is the dilemma, If I am going to be stuck in a car (driving) for two days, then I want it to be the best experience possible.
When it's all done I will have a photo-travelogue of the entire route from Chicago all the way to L.A., Albeit years apart....

Apr 20, 09 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
SpoonMe

and yes, Been to Sedona and it is Beautiful....

Apr 20, 09 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: