Archinect
anchor

HELP! M.ARCH with UIUC vs UWash

Centrino

HELLO!
I just got both universitie's defering of reply.
The problem is: UW seems not to offer much money or ta/ra chances for international students.(I'm Chinese)
Total cost of 2 and a half year will be $90,000. Without any financial aid, it will be a big burden on my family..

Then the students work on their website also bother me... anyone here can figure me out about this?... Do they performance much better than they show on the website?

Seattle attracts me a lot, the campus of UW as well. That is much better than the location of UIUC...obviously. And I care location much, but still cannot make up my mind to pay much more money for just location.

Then UIUC, seems not as good reputation as UW here.. Somebody gives me reasons?

The students portfolio on their website look nice, I think. At least better than UW.

And the cost, without financial aid, is more or less the same with UW.But I may have more chances to get scholarship or assistantship there, I assume, due to my contacts with Chinese M.Arch students who are already there.

But the location....ahhhhhh...I may not like rural life at all..don't know yet...

What's your suggestions? Which program is academically better, in your opinion?

Thank you sooooooooo much!!

Apr 16, 09 11:25 am
Centrino

I forgot, both are 2y professional program.
UW is actually 2+ program.

Apr 16, 09 11:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: