Archinect
anchor

Too Late for Summer Internship?

riley527

Hello,

I'm a third year (out of 4 year) BSLA student (with a masters in a related field) who is still looking for an intership for this summer. I can stay at my former internship which is a well respsected landscape design firm (no LAs on staff), but would like to apply for an internship at an actual LA firm this summer. Is it too late? Does it look worse to apply this late in the year to some well respected firms rather than to not apply at all and have another year at a design/build firm? Or is it better to wait until the fall and apply then for a fall part time internship? Is it better to be potentially rejected at this point just so my name is out there? This seems especially likely due to the current economy!

Any advice would be extremely helpful. If it helps at all, I'm in school in the Philadelphia area.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 14, 09 12:44 pm
aquapura

Good luck finding a firm that's hiring. I know several out of work LA's. They have been hit hard in this downturn too.

Apr 14, 09 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

No, you're not too late for summer internships, I go to UC and we do the whole co-op/intern thing every quarter, and they haven't even thought of sending out resumes yet for summer 09. I'd say you've still got a month to go before most firms look at resumes, if our co-op office is a good measuring stick.

but yea, good luck! it's all in the portfolio. I heard someone mention new orleans has alot of work - you should check out some firms there.

Apr 14, 09 2:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: