Archinect
anchor

Autodesk to Help out of work architects with free software

http://students7.autodesk.com/?nd=assistance_home&lbon=1

Invest in Yourself

In these uncertain economic times, many companies have had to let good people go. If you were one of them, you might be wondering how to advance your career in this challenging global job market.

In order to get ahead in the workplace, you need to invest in yourself by increasing your knowledge and expanding your skills. And the good news is that Autodesk can help you get back in the game. With the Autodesk Assistance Program you can take action today to gain a competitive advantage in your field. The program offers:

Free Software License*: Any student license of AutoCAD®, Revit® Architecture, Autodesk® Inventor® Professional, and/or AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software.
Free Online Training: On-demand training available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Reduced-Cost Classroom Training: Many Autodesk Authorized Value Added Resellers and Autodesk Training Center (ATC®) partners are offering classroom training at their training facilities for free or for a significantly reduced fee. (Offerings will vary, please check with your local reseller or ATC to get details)
Certification: Certification preparation and exams available at discounted rates.
Seize the opportunity now. Don’t just survive, thrive!

*13 month term license subject to the educational license terms and conditions.

To learn more about the program and included benefits, download our Autodesk Assistance Program FAQ. Want to share the program details with an Autodesk Users Group or at other meetings? Download the Autodesk Assistance Program PowerPoint® here.

Scott M B Gustafson
maison-orion.com

Apr 9, 09 11:04 am
4arch

Be aware that, at least for AutoCAD, the education version automatically places a watermark on all drawings. If you so much as insert a tiny block created in the education version into a normal file, it can "infect" the normal file with the plot stamp. This can create a nightmarish domino effect. Be warned.

Apr 9, 09 11:25 am  · 
 · 
LucasGray

At this point aren't most people exporting their drawings into illustrator or photoshop for presentation work? Would watermarks effect these?

I understand it may be an issue for construction drawings or something where you are printing directly from CAD.

In general I think its a great move by AutoCAD. Its actually a thoughtful gesture and will probably get a lot of poeple to start using their product.

- Lucas Gray
www.talkitect.com

Apr 9, 09 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

They also mentioned they are developing a Mac version!

- Lucas Gray
www.talkitect.com

Apr 9, 09 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Lucas,
yes if thats all you do is presentations, but for most people we would need a software that doesnt infect all the drawings with their little autodesk stamp, which is really annoying sometimes. Being in the industry for quite a while I've gotten drawings from other people only to find out that importing their drawings or the content into mine will place that watermark, which is really frustrating.

Apr 12, 09 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
rikar

thanks a lot!! something to do in this jobless state

May 8, 09 11:27 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I wish Auto Cad was smart enough to help out those who are still working by developing dependable products with out glitches because they are money hungry capitalist. There are times I believe they have lost complete knowledge of what people in the field of architecture do for a living. There only purpose seems to be to bring product to market way before it is ready to be released, just because someone at the upper end of the corporation has an agenda. We don't hear about them suffering in a downturn economy.

May 8, 09 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

just say no.

May 8, 09 7:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: