Archinect
anchor

bamboo in 3ds max

momentum

Can anyone point me to a max plug-in that can create bamboo parametrically?

I have found something called OnyxBamboo, which lets you create any number of bamboo configuration, then export them to max, but the interface is extremely cumbersome, and we don't get the best objects when exported.

I'm hopefully looking for something that can either plug right into the AEC library, or act in the same was as the AEC trees included in max.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 10, 09 4:56 pm
eCoDe

Why would you make a real 3D bamboo in 3D max? It will cost long time for rendering. Typically we photoshop bamboos in the scene.

If you really want to do so, write to autodesk.

Feb 10, 09 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

normally i would place bamboo in photoshop, but its for animation purposes so a 2d map is out of the question.

Feb 10, 09 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

I use Onyx. There are situations when 3D is needed over photoshop. Animations for example.

Feb 10, 09 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

why don't you model a cylinder similar to a bamboo and wrap it with a bamboo texture

Feb 11, 09 1:13 am  · 
 · 
eCoDe

Animations. Got you.

One way I tried similar to accesskb's way is, building up two crossed planes as one unit and then assign the bamboo map on it. This is the pseudo-3D way.

Feb 11, 09 1:50 am  · 
 · 
remonio

Just use what you have - Onyx is a pretty good plugin.
If you want to spend some money though you could check out - Vue
and the Cornucopia3D library which works with it.

Feb 11, 09 5:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: