Archinect
anchor

Interesting small unit design?

bigblobs

Hey,

I'm trying to find some interesting projects for really small housing units ... like 100 - 350 square feet. Can someone recommend any?

Thanks,

BB

Feb 2, 09 2:21 am
holz.box

you mean like an efficiency or uber small loft space?

Feb 2, 09 2:33 am  · 
 · 
bigblobs

Not sure what your question means. I'm looking for small living spaces ... could be a loft.

Feb 2, 09 2:36 am  · 
 · 
vado retro
Feb 2, 09 2:52 am  · 
 · 
bigblobs

nice ;-) ... anything a little more generous??

Feb 2, 09 2:58 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I feel like there have got to be better, less kitschy examples, but Tumbleweed is what immediately comes to mind. It seems like the key to making this successful is multifunctionality, and for that the typical, small tow trailer might provide some uninspired, but good pragmatic examples: a table that becomes a bed, and so on. Not sure about the application, and I think this is a little too spare to have mass appeal of any sort, but the cube house by Sami Rintala is very small and very beautiful, I think.

Feb 2, 09 10:34 am  · 
 · 

Last month's Dwell has some interesting little pre-fab shed designs. They have links to the manufacturer's websites for more info.

http://www.dwell.com/products/slideshows/36338229.html#id=a_2&num=1

Feb 2, 09 11:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: