Archinect
anchor

Budapest thesis project review

folk

Hello all,

I just recently finished my thesis examining post-communism in the context of a new government building in Budapest. If you feel you can offer some criticism, fire away. There is a research book and a design process book.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=911b9a61786fe21c91b20cc0d07ba4d26d1bca5603320606

Dec 23, 08 1:04 pm
position

Only had time to flip through both in about 5 minutes but what I saw and read was solid. Hopefully others will be able to give you more than a one-word critique.

Dec 29, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 

The design process book does a great job of showing how you combined aspect sof all your proposed designs into the final iteration.

I especially like how "each region" of Hungary is 'represented" in the final design.

Wasn't to crazy about the mixture of shopping housing and government offices in same program though, as proposed in first iterations. Did you stay with this approach? Couldn't tell if you kept this mied program in final design...

Dec 29, 08 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
folk

That was a study relating the new government building to the shopping mall. I did not keep housing and shopping. It was a government building with civic program on top and bottom with the routes as a circulation vertically and horozontally causing the public to mix with the government officials, etc. Thank you for your comments.

Jan 7, 09 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: